Az permit application question

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
squirrelmaster9
Posts in topic: 9

Az permit application question

Post by squirrelmaster9 »

Do i need to send dispositions for a arrest i had? Its a disorderly persons from nj. Its just a municipal court conviction its basically a slap on the wrist but enough to stop by tx LTC till 2019 :(

No where on the Arizona's application does it ask for it like the tx one.

Allons
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Az permit application question

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 pm Do i need to send dispositions for a arrest i had? Its a disorderly persons from nj. Its just a municipal court conviction its basically a slap on the wrist but enough to stop by tx LTC till 2019 :(

Go to link below and select obtain a permit tab, that will tell you what you need. I just received my license about 2 months ago. I would send the paperwork anyway just to be on the safe side. I don't think a disorderly conduct is a disqualifier in Arizona.

https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 pm Do i need to send dispositions for a arrest i had? Its a disorderly persons from nj. Its just a municipal court conviction its basically a slap on the wrist but enough to stop by tx LTC till 2019 :(

Go to link below and select obtain a permit tab, that will tell you what you need. I just received my license about 2 months ago. I would send the paperwork anyway just to be on the safe side. I don't think a disorderly conduct is a disqualifier in Arizona.

What was the turnaround time? I just got everything in order to mail out. Just waiting on one disposition from nj :waiting: i cant find anything saying i need them :banghead:

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:18 pm
Allons wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

What was the turnaround time? I just got everything in order to mail out. Just waiting on one disposition from nj :waiting: i cant find anything saying i need them :banghead:
51 days from mailbox to mailbox
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Well AZ dps got back to me and i dont need dispositions unless its for a yes answer question on the application. So i mailed it off today.

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 pm Well AZ dps got back to me and i dont need dispositions unless its for a yes answer question on the application. So i mailed it off today.
Now the wait begins. That 51 days was including weekends, just to let you know. Yours might be faster since you did not need that disposition. I had a non-disclosure with mine that I turned in. I'm sure they had to check that out.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 pm Well AZ dps got back to me and i dont need dispositions unless its for a yes answer question on the application. So i mailed it off today.
Now the wait begins. That 51 days was including weekends, just to let you know. Yours might be faster since you did not need that disposition. I had a non-disclosure with mine that I turned in. I'm sure they had to check that out.
Looks like i messed up. The tx dps certification form doesnt have my instructors NRA # just his tx instructor # :grumble so now i have to wait for them to mail it back and resend it with a NRA instructor # i just cant win... hopefully since i sent my dispositions to TX dps ill get my texas ltc soon.

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:19 pm
Looks like i messed up. The tx dps certification form doesnt have my instructors NRA # just his tx instructor # :grumble so now i have to wait for them to mail it back and resend it with a NRA instructor # i just cant win... hopefully since i sent my dispositions to TX dps ill get my texas ltc soon.
If you can, contact the instructor and ask him to give you another one with his NRA # on it and mail it in. You don't have to wait for that one to come back before you can respond.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:32 pm
If you can, contact the instructor and ask him to give you another one with his NRA # on it and mail it in. You don't have to wait for that one to come back before you can respond.
I emailef AZ and they told me id have to wait for the application to be mailed back. Any advice how to mail it in with the NRA number? Should i write a letter explaining?

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:34 pm
I emailef AZ and they told me id have to wait for the application to be mailed back. Any advice how to mail it in with the NRA number? Should i write a letter explaining?
If they told you you'd have to wait I don't know.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm
Got the nra# and just snail mailed the updated certification a few minutes ago. Hopefully it works out or ill have to wait till they mail it back :cryin

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:04 pm
Got the nra# and just snail mailed the updated certification a few minutes ago. Hopefully it works out or ill have to wait till they mail it back :cryin
Hope it works for you
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Hope it works for you
I decided to just do the Florida license too lol :anamatedbanana i made sure i dotted all my i and crossed every t. Nothing will be wrong this time :rules: even sent a extra set of prints just in case

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BBYC »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 pm
Allons wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Hope it works for you
I decided to just do the Florida license too lol :anamatedbanana i made sure i dotted all my i and crossed every t. Nothing will be wrong this time :rules: even sent a extra set of prints just in case
Hope it works for you.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

TX license denied till 3/21/19 stupid disorderly conduct charge in nj its just a ticket not even a crime.
AZ license issued 8/21 they even sent it back forgot instructor nra # super quick processing
Fl license issued 8/22
Now the waiting begins for the mail

Return to “Other States”