Federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Upholds Injunction Against Confiscating Magazines Greater than 10 Rounds

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Upholds Injunction Against Confiscating Magazines Greater than 10 Rounds

Post by KLB »

Hallelujah.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (even them) upheld a district court injunction against California's enforcement of a law banning magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds.

http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/17/nin ... ary-injunc

I expected to see a previous post on this, but I searched and could not find it.

warnmar10

Re: Federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Upholds Injunction Against Confiscating Magazines Greater than 10 Rounds

Post by warnmar10 »

KLB wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm...

I expected to see a previous post on this, but I searched and could not find it.
Not to worry, someone will find it.

RoyGBiv

Re: Federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Upholds Injunction Against Confiscating Magazines Greater than 10 Rounds

Post by RoyGBiv »

It's a conspiracy. The 9th doesn't want to be the circuit that sends up a case that allows a Kavanaugh - Gorsuch court to declare state level gun control laws to be unconstitutional.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:42 am It's a conspiracy. The 9th doesn't want to be the circuit that sends up a case that allows a Kavanaugh - Gorsuch court to declare state level gun control laws to be unconstitutional.
Probably right on.
-s
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:42 am It's a conspiracy. The 9th doesn't want to be the circuit that sends up a case that allows a Kavanaugh - Gorsuch court to declare state level gun control laws to be unconstitutional.
Makes sense to me... the 9th circus knows they are going to loose big if this goes to the USSC. They prefer to loose smaller.

Feels like the tide has turned. Thank you Lord!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jonmo1

Post by jonmo1 »

That just means that they know it’s unconstitutional.

Return to “Other States”