New Website: CampusCarry.com

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Douva
Posts in topic: 5

New Website: CampusCarry.com

Post by Douva »

I put this website together last weekend. It still needs some work, but I'd love to get your feedback.

http://www.CampusCarry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI, I'll add TSRA to the list of supporters as soon as I figure out how I'm going to organize the list. I may end up creating two separate pages for national organizations and state organizations so that it doesn't turn into one insanely long list.

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Website: CampusCarry.com

Post by A-R »

Nice job. Really liked the video at top right. Listened to the whole thing and the campus carry proponent came across much stronger when he was allowed to speak. The other guy seemed to be grasping at straws.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well I just gave your site a couple of minutes:

No typos - that's good.

How about adding a "Home" button on the top of each panel/screen
so that when someone navigates away from the home page, that they
can get back to "Home" easily?

The audio on the home page's video seems very low - maybe it's my
PC, maybe not.

You have both Supporters and Opponents - very even handed of you.

You may wish to make a statement as to whether you support Campus
Carry primarily in Texas, since you are Austin-based, or if the site is
meant to support Campus Carry across the US.

Kudos to you for setting this up.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
Douva

Post by Douva »

austinrealtor wrote:Nice job. Really liked the video at top right. Listened to the whole thing and the campus carry proponent came across much stronger when he was allowed to speak. The other guy seemed to be grasping at straws.
Thanks. That's actually me in the video.

Let me know if you see anything on the site that needs to be tweaked, updated, etc.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Douva wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:Nice job. Really liked the video at top right. Listened to the whole thing and the campus carry proponent came across much stronger when he was allowed to speak. The other guy seemed to be grasping at straws.
Thanks. That's actually me in the video.

Let me know if you see anything on the site that needs to be tweaked, updated, etc.
Nice site. At some point down the road, you might want to think about upgrading from Word Press to Joomla as a CMS. The latter is much more powerful and flexible. I build websites for a living, and I use Joomla pretty much exclusively anymore; and I've migrated a couple of my customers off of WP onto Joomla when I took over their sites and redesigned them.

Yours is a good cause. If you ever decide you would like to do this, give me a buzz, and I'll be glad to lend a hand.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Douva

Post by Douva »

Thanks for the input, everyone.

I've added a "Home" button to the menu.

Honestly, I'm not familiar with Joomla, but I'll look into it. That might be a change I decide to make if I begin generating a lot of original content and want to try to get listed on Google News.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

http://www.concealedcampus.org/media_center.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

AEA

Post by AEA »

You might want to find another place to host it. Very sloooooow loading and peeps loose interest fast on slow loading sites.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

rexinthecity

Post by rexinthecity »

I would replace the flash components with JQuery plugins. JQuery is a javascript library that can do pretty much everything flash does. Flash objects will increase load time, use more resources on a visitors computer, and won't work on some platforms (such as the iPhone). Other than that, it looks good and has helpful information.

Topic author
Douva

Post by Douva »

If you're a Facebook or Twitter user, you can now use those sites to keep up with the latest news from CampusCarry.com.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CampusCar ... 6728554031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CampusCarry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

booming357

Post by booming357 »

I attend a smaller university in Texas (roughly 13000 students) and the school has not yet allowed chlers to carry on campus. Frankly i dont even think the issue has been raised. We do have campus police but they just sit in their cars and drive around the parking lots and such. I never see them walking around campus or in the buildings. I hate leaving my pistol in my truck when i walk to class. In the past year, we have had several alerts of a person on campus with a gun. One in particular..a person was in a large croud and fired a shot into the air. The campus is in the low end of town, not lit well at night, and is not safe. I want to approach the school board about allowing chlers to carry but dont know the best way of doing so. I imagine that i should get all my facts and arguments together. i also want to get some of my fellow students to accompany me. i briefly read through the site campuscarry.com and liked what i read. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to approach the campus board with this issue. thank you.

Topic author
Douva

Post by Douva »

booming357 wrote:I attend a smaller university in Texas (roughly 13000 students) and the school has not yet allowed chlers to carry on campus. Frankly i dont even think the issue has been raised. We do have campus police but they just sit in their cars and drive around the parking lots and such. I never see them walking around campus or in the buildings. I hate leaving my pistol in my truck when i walk to class. In the past year, we have had several alerts of a person on campus with a gun. One in particular..a person was in a large croud and fired a shot into the air. The campus is in the low end of town, not lit well at night, and is not safe. I want to approach the school board about allowing chlers to carry but dont know the best way of doing so. I imagine that i should get all my facts and arguments together. i also want to get some of my fellow students to accompany me. i briefly read through the site campuscarry.com and liked what i read. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to approach the campus board with this issue. thank you.
Contact your Students for Concealed Carry on Campus state director. He should be able to help you get started.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”