Run in with UNT Police, whose ignorant?

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Run in with UNT Police, whose ignorant?

Post by Excaliber »

baldeagle wrote:
Reloader wrote:You are assuming this bozo can READ! you sometimes have to deal with idots.
I'm not a moderator, but I believe this comes perilously close to a rule 9 violation. "Blatant, global, or rampant law enforcement bashing is prohibited. Discussions of specific identifiable events presented factually are fine." I think calling a police officer a bozo is uncalled for, regardless of what opinion you may have formed about his actions.
I agree.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Sewere_Ice,

I don't understand your statement, "The officer I dealt with was very professional, however demeaning towards me,". Please clarify.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

Sewer_Ice wrote:I'm going to wait till after I'm off campus to do all this, officer took a picture and everything on his PDA before he let me go, have a feeling I'll be randomly stopped at some point to ensure I'm no longer carrying, and I know he's gonna have it out for me after I talk to his boss.
FWIW, I've spoken with campus police chiefs of both the Texas A&M college station and galveston campuses about carrying on campus and storing a handgun in a vehicle by a license holder and I've never been put on a "watch list" in the past three years. ;-)

Topic author
Sewer_Ice
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Sewer_Ice »

Purplehood wrote:Sewere_Ice,

I don't understand your statement, "The officer I dealt with was very professional, however demeaning towards me,". Please clarify.
He was professional in how he approached the situation, however he was demeaning towards me when he insulted my knowledge of CHL laws, when in fact he was the one who didn't know them very well.

A Captain called me today from UNT PD, a few times to figure it all out. The Captain is a CHL instructor! So, yes the officer was in the wrong. It took them a while to figure out which officer it was because every traffic stop is suppose to be recorded on dash cam, mine was not. They're now trying to figure out why it was off in the first place.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Sewer_Ice wrote:

He was professional in how he approached the situation, however he was demeaning towards me when he insulted my knowledge of CHL laws, when in fact he was the one who didn't know them very well.

A Captain called me today from UNT PD, a few times to figure it all out. The Captain is a CHL instructor! So, yes the officer was in the wrong. It took them a while to figure out which officer it was because every traffic stop is suppose to be recorded on dash cam, mine was not. They're now trying to figure out why it was off in the first place.
LOL. Sounds like you opened a can of worms over there!
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cobra Medic »

baldeagle wrote:I'm not a moderator, but I believe this comes perilously close to a rule 9 violation. "Blatant, global, or rampant law enforcement bashing is prohibited. Discussions of specific identifiable events presented factually are fine." I think calling a police officer a bozo is uncalled for, regardless of what opinion you may have formed about his actions.
It may be uncalled for but it has nothing to do with whether the alleged bozo is a LEO or a CHL. It's not "global" to make a comment about an individual's behavior in a "specific identifiable event" like he did. If I say not nice things about an individual criminal based on that individual's behavior, and the criminal happens to be White, that doesn't make my comments racist against all Whites. Or if someone says not nice things about an individual CHL who does something stupid, that's not CHL-bashing. (Although it would be nice if a CHL forum also had a rule against CHL-bashing, enforced with the same standards as the LEO-bashing rule. :mrgreen: )
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Aside,
Cobra Medic wrote:(Although it would be nice if a CHL forum also had a rule against CHL-bashing, enforced with the same standards as the LEO-bashing rule. :mrgreen: )
I have yet to see a CHL used as kicking dog for someone's frustration due to their own mistakes. The reverse is not true.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Purplehood wrote:
Sewer_Ice wrote:

LOL. Sounds like you opened a can of worms over there!
Yes. Yes it does. Excellent!!! "rlol"
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Cobra Medic wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I'm not a moderator, but I believe this comes perilously close to a rule 9 violation. "Blatant, global, or rampant law enforcement bashing is prohibited. Discussions of specific identifiable events presented factually are fine." I think calling a police officer a bozo is uncalled for, regardless of what opinion you may have formed about his actions.
It may be uncalled for but it has nothing to do with whether the alleged bozo is a LEO or a CHL. It's not "global" to make a comment about an individual's behavior in a "specific identifiable event" like he did. If I say not nice things about an individual criminal based on that individual's behavior, and the criminal happens to be White, that doesn't make my comments racist against all Whites. Or if someone says not nice things about an individual CHL who does something stupid, that's not CHL-bashing. (Although it would be nice if a CHL forum also had a rule against CHL-bashing, enforced with the same standards as the LEO-bashing rule. :mrgreen: )
There is no doubt that both the OP and the officer can read, so it sure sounds like bashing to me.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”