UNT North Texas

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

UNT North Texas

Post by RPB »

Students need gun rights on campus
March 3, 2011 by Views-Editor
Filed under Opinion
http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=52452" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

NorthTexas

Re: UNT North Texas

Post by NorthTexas »

RPB wrote:Students need gun rights on campus
March 3, 2011 by Views-Editor
Filed under Opinion
http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=52452" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know it's trivial, but that article is not by the "Views-Editor". I've noticed a problem with a lot of the articles posted on the NT Daily's website where the byline credits the position of the staff member who uploads the article to the website (I'm guessing?) instead of the actual author of the article. This is not an NT Daily staff piece, it's an opinion piece contributed by UNT student Josh Conklin, president of the student group Texas Marksmen.

I haven't had an opportunity to meet Mr. Conklin myself, yet. I am thinking about getting involved with the Texas Marksmen, as their website says they are open to anyone (voting positions are limited to students of course) with an interest in shooting and improving their marksmanship skills. Maybe this would be of interest to others in the Denton area as well?

Sorry for the off-topic detour, back to the article at hand... I'm pretty sure others here have been following the articles (and comments) in the NT Daily pretty closely. I'm curious, for anyone who has, do you get the impression that the commenter named "Sigh" on this article is the same person who commented as "Adam" on some of the other articles? I could be wrong, but some of the comments and "evidence" presented seem similar to me. Thinking about making a ruckus... :evil2:
NRA Life Member

NorthTexas

Post by NorthTexas »

Students Speak: Concealed handguns on campus (video)
March 2, 2011 by Photo-Editor
Filed under Videos
http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=52398

Four students talk about guns on campus. (I think they're actually responding to the loaded question printed in the video about "problems of armed people on school campuses" instead of anything about legalizing concealed carry). First guy is informed and on our side. :thumbs2: Second guy seems confused and talks about active shooters instead of commenting on legalizing concealed carry. First girl doesn't have much to say. Second girl doesn't make much sense to me, but her comments have obviously been edited/cut (listen/watch closely at 1:24 to 1:26).
NRA Life Member

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

RE: "Views-Editor"
Thanks, I was wondering, that's why I used crayola on it.
Thanks for the vid too.

See also : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”