Safe Campus FEELINGS Poll

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

I'd feel safer at a college that:

1) Forced "everyone" (or "people") to store guns in cars, allowing easier access to guns on campus for criminals committing vehicular burglaries. (The most common campus crime, which is ever increasing as criminals know cars on campus have guns)
No votes
2) Allowed licensed, responsible, adults who underwent training and background checks on Local, State, and National levels, to have their weapons safely secured and concealed while they are in buildings like they are everywhere else.
81%
3) I choose not to feel, or I don't know what I feel, or I choose not not reveal what I feel as I like to conceal what I feel.
19%

Total votes: 16

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Safe Campus FEELINGS Poll

Post by RPB »

Diction/word choice and bias in polls amuses me, so I made one similar to all the others

I set it up so you may change your vote if you change your mind too.

I'd feel safer at a college that:

Have fun :biggrinjester:
Last edited by RPB on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Griz44
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Safe Campus FEELINGS Poll

Post by Griz44 »

:lol:

Yup, bias is all over those two choices. It looks like an BSMSNBC poll the way it's worded. Thank you so much for the morning entertainment.
I'm not going to vote, but will assuredly be amused at the responses I expect to show up here.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Feelings - - - nothing more than feelings. What a crock! I would be safer at a college that is like the second question no doubt. At least that's how I "feel" (I'm glad I graduated from college in 1973)
Last edited by MoJo on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I'm headed to church, communion today, but I'll check the results this afternoon. I believe they should be as valid as Brady polls, and the on campus polls in the recent "study" posted all over medical sites about "feelings" and "comfort levels".

Perhaps if the response is favorable, we can use these "statistics" later. :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Awwwe, no one is choosing number 1 and I put it at the top and made that sentence short so it would be easy to read and still no one chose it "rlol"

I set the poll up so people can change their mind and change heir vote if they want to ... perhaps I should have made a number 3) Undecided :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I feel like your poll disrespects vegans, the evolved, LGBT whales, and unicorns.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

RPB wrote:Awwwe, no one is choosing number 1 and I put it at the top and made that sentence short so it would be easy to read and still no one chose it "rlol"

I set the poll up so people can change their mind and change heir vote if they want to ... perhaps I should have made a number 3) Undecided :mrgreen:
Yep. What will the proponents of licensed CC do if their campus of choice continues to disallow licensed CC while others may opt to allow licensed CC? Will they take their business/schooling elsewhere or what?

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I might need to sign up to Testify and do a rebuttal with this "poll question language" after the Bradys and schools' government representatives claim their high "push poll" results. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I'd love to, but I doubt I'll be driving to Austin, as near as it is (hour or so), I can't do traffic)
I'm no lawyer

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Where is my opt out clause? :rules:

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

MeMelYup wrote:Where is my opt out clause? :rules:
ummm ooops, I added an option 3, but ... I guess I wiped out the previous results when I did :oops:

I didn't know that would happen. but it was 100% number 2 earlier, hitting "back" in my browser I can see the old one, but submitting the old one still refreshes to the new one without the old results I saw/see/saw before :headscratch
I'm no lawyer

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

MoJo wrote: (I'm glad I graduated from college in 1973)
Yea, in the 70s you only had to worry about the National Guard shooting at you.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”