UT Dallas having forum Thursday for Students/Staff/Fac

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GrandSporTA
Posts in topic: 1

UT Dallas having forum Thursday for Students/Staff/Fac

Post by GrandSporTA »

Just got an e-mail from our school President saying that there is a University Forum for students/faculty/staff to allow everyone to openly share their thoughts and opinions in an open mic about new Texas Legislation for concealed carry on campus. It will open with a speech from the University's Police chief. Really thinking about going.
Kimber Ultra CDP II
Ruger LCP
Students for Campus Carry

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: UT Dallas having forum Thursday for Students/Staff/Fac

Post by RPB »

You really should

The UT admin in Austin need more UT brainwashed "push Poll" votes because some are smarter
http://www.utdmercury.com/opinion/gun-f ... -1.1737543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.utdmercury.com/news/utd-poli ... -1.2020859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feb 12:• Unknown suspect broke the front drivers side window of a car with a beer bottle in Phase VI

My car is where you want me to store my gun? "rlol"

Feel free to print the wording of my "POLL" and carry it with you for "open mike" night if you want lol
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=42917&p=517617#p517617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----------------------------------------------

Personally, I HAVE had my car broken into and the contents stolen.
I have NEVER had anyone reach into my pants in class or in the library to see what might be concealed in there.

Considering the increased risk of a gun ending up in a criminal's hands on campus with car storage as it is now, I'd vote for the second option. Why provide easier access to guns for criminals on campus? It makes no sense.

My 40 caliber Glock stolen from the truck it was stored in hasn't been found yet. It will probably turn up someday, somewhere, maybe they'll find it after a convenience store robbery or something and get it back to me I hope.
That was over 20 years ago in Houston parking lot when I was on Staff at U of H. (Clear Lake)
Maybe it's in Mexico now, I'd rather keep control of my guns and keep them safe and secured.
Making Staff and Faculty store guns in cars for criminals on campus to get while leaving them defenseless if a crazed unlicensed student decides to bring an AK-47 to school to shoot the teacher (actual occurrences) doesn't make sense.

The bill needs to pass so they are stored safely and securely as they are at Wal-Mart, Church, Grocery stores, Restaurants, at the Bank, and everywhere else that "people" go. It's just common sense.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Steve wrote a good letter on this forum too, worth printing
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=42894&p=517814&hil ... al#p517532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ray Hunt, the 2nd vice-president of the Houston Police Officers' Union, the largest police union in the state of Texas, spoke out in favor of legalizing licensed concealed carry (of handguns) on Texas college campuses and dismissed the notion that the presence of armed citizens would somehow cause chaos or confusion during or following a campus shooting.

He also mentioned that the union had been originally fairly anti-CHL, fearing shootings of CHL-holders by police amongst other things. Upon seeing that that hadn't occurred at all, they were happy to throw their support behind the concept of CHL in general, and they now specifically support concealed-carry on campus.

Additionally, "educated" people, such as many of the Texas State Department of Criminal Justice professors, you know, the ones like those who teach the Nationwide Competition & Seminar for Crisis and Hostage Negotiations, yes, hostage negotiations like an school shootings etc., and have one of only 35 doctoral level criminal justice programs in the United States, think Campus carry is a good idea. And if many of those professors who teach the police who will be responding to school shooting situations say it's a good thing, smart people listen. And if the largest Union group of Houston Police Officers who frequently have encounters with law abiding licensees support it, everyone else should listen to these "experts"

I bet the people trapped on airplanes on 9/11 wished for more than cell phones while they huddled together.
Wait, armed law abiding citizens on the planes that day would have made the situation worse ... :confused5 :headscratch
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warhorse10_9 »

I wanted to go, but am literally having my wisdom teeth pulled that morning. I plan on sending an email voicing my opinion (in support) though.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”