john woods huffington post -propeganda

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

john woods huffington post -propeganda

Post by RPB »

Guns on Campus: Ask the Virginia Tech Survivors, Not the Armchair Quarterbacks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-wood ... 36262.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: john woods huffington post -propeganda

Post by Beiruty »

Mr. John seems is highly paid and enjoying the dollars of Mr. Bloomberg. :rules:

The irony is that the huffington post loves Google Dollars too and does not mind promting CHL courses. Check their CHL courses ads on the same page. :thumbs2:

I really hate to sign-in to only post a comment.
However, In what logic, keeping the status quo and banning Adults from defending themselves would increase the safety of the students against another mass-shooting?
Last edited by Beiruty on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Gun-free zones are killing fields.
john woods 11 minutes ago:
The statistics do not support that.
9 minutes ago
Show me the statistics that say that there have been no problems in Utah on campus. Utah does not record statistics relating to CHL holders on college campuses. In contrast, we have had problems here in Texas, where concealed carry is not legal in campus buildings.

Can you please provide statistics for any of your first three statements­?
I'm no lawyer

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

This is a Video from Utah University Student, dated 2008: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-wood ... 36262.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Woods wrote:This hearing appears to have been scheduled -- while most students are away on spring break, and on the same day another controversial issue reaches the House floor -- in order to cut those affected out of the discussion.
Wait. What?

When I earned my engineering degree, it seemed we generally had more free time during breaks than while class was in session (or, even worse, during exams.)

Likewise for my MBA.

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warhorse10_9 »

apostate wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-wood ... 36262.html
John Woods wrote:This hearing appears to have been scheduled -- while most students are away on spring break, and on the same day another controversial issue reaches the House floor -- in order to cut those affected out of the discussion.
Wait. What?

When I earned my engineering degree, it seemed we generally had more free time during breaks than while class was in session (or, even worse, during exams.)

Likewise for my MBA.
He means the people who aren't critical thinkers (antis) are off partying in South Padre. :lol::
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

apostate wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-wood ... 36262.html
Wait. What?

Likewise for my MBA.
http://www.readthehorn.com/local/1267/c ... ring_break" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, however, hold the opposing view; Daniel Crocker, Southwest Director for the organization, believes the hearing was scheduled during spring break to actually give students from around the state the opportunity to come to Austin and testify. Because students have a week off, those who don't live in Austin have the opportunity to come ...

"Otherwise, it's just going to be an issue where these hearings are going to be attended almost 90 percent by students within the Austin area," Crocker said
My comment:
John and Colin always try to sound victimized.

Good Paper, worth reading:

A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality
By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

"If I were to summarize this article in three sentences, they would be:

(1) People who identify themselves as "victims" harbor excessive amounts of rage at other people, whom they perceive as "not victims."

(2) In order psychologically to deal with this rage, these "victims" utilize defense mechanisms that enable them to harm others in socially acceptable ways, without accepting responsibility or suffering guilt, and without having to give up their status as "victims."

(3) Gun owners are frequently the targets of professional victims because gun owners are willing and able to prevent their own victimization. "
Poor John has to stay in Austin where he lives and where the hearings are in order to attend?

He's afraid Lubbock people might show up in boots. :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”