Alice Tripp's article on campus carry vote

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

http://www.firearmstruth.com/tag/alice-tripp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We need impact statements!
Additionally, TSRA is looking for written testimony – in the form of a brief email – to share with committee members from individuals who will benefit from passage of any of these measures.

Particularly, we want to hear from any college or university faculty, staff or employees who are CHLs, or non-traditional college students – graduate or law school students who attend class at night, veterans returning from Iraq or Afghanistan who are resuming their studies, or enrollees at community colleges or technical schools here in Texas.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

karl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alice Tripp's article on campus carry vote

Post by karl »

Thanks for the heads up, written testimony is away.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

FL450
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FL450 »

Just sent written testimony, Hope Alice recieves it in time.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

FL450
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FL450 »

FL450 wrote:Just sent written testimony, Hope Alice recieves it in time.
This is what I emailed Alice this morning.

net writes:
To Alice Tripp (TSRA), Members of the Committee;
I am a graduate student attending night classes at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) in Houston. ERAU is the largest aviation and aerospace university in the world with main campuses in Prescott, AZ and Daytona, FL as well as satellite campuses all over the US including Houston. In fact two of the astronauts that just landed from the most recent shuttle mission were graduates from ERAU.
Houston is in bid with Chicago for a larger campus to be located here in Houston.
The campus carry bill would provide great piece of mind to those of us attending schools. Crime has risen in this down economy especially crimes of opportunity. I worry not only for my self but for the thousands of other students who must walk to and from their cars at night while attending class to try and further their education. This bill would help provide piece of mind to many men and women and put some sense of security back in their hands.
I thank you for the consideration in passing this bill.

Regards

Her response is below:
Thank you, Barry, well said.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”