A new anti argument

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

A new anti argument

Post by baldeagle »

Allowing guns on campus will cost universities millions in lost revenue. Seriously. The NCAA is never going to allow a sporting event to take place on a gun-toting campus, are they?

I guess since all the other arguments are falling flat, they had to come up with a new one.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A new anti argument

Post by The Annoyed Man »

71 campuses nationwide that allow student CCW, and it hasn't happened yet....

...I'm just saying'... :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

baldeagle wrote:Allowing guns on campus will cost universities millions in lost revenue. Seriously. The NCAA is never going to allow a sporting event to take place on a gun-toting campus, are they?

I guess since all the other arguments are falling flat, they had to come up with a new one.
My, they're really reaching on this one.

Like with most of the other fantasies reported as "the sky is falling" consequences, I'd tell those folks to keep their shorts on and quit running around like the chicken littles have done every time concealed carry laws have moved forward anywhere.

They should be embarrassed because none of these doomsday predictions have ever been borne out anywhere in the U.S. I understand why they're not embarrassed - they have no knowledge of history, and are incapable of conducting factual analysis and making decisions accordingly. They also think that everyone else is similarly impaired and will forget.

They're wrong on both counts.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Stadiums worry that gun oil will leak onto seat cushions and cost millions ... "rlol"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

RPB wrote:Stadiums worry that gun oil will leak onto seat cushions and cost millions ... "rlol"
Seat cushions?? Wow, that's really reaching!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Here's a couple other profound statements -
"The industry standard does not allow weapons in the facilities."
"We don't even allow glass bottles because they can be used as weapons. It's just assumed there's a no-weapons policy.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/arti ... z1HAbff23Z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

That has to be one of the stupidest arguments I've heard recently.

Reminds me of the comment one Idaho legislator made after the state Senate approved a campus carry bill this last week. She was "concerned" that Idaho colleges would have trouble attracting performing arts groups to campus if people were allowed to carry.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

hirundo82 wrote:That has to be one of the stupidest arguments I've heard recently.

Reminds me of the comment one Idaho legislator made after the state Senate approved a campus carry bill this last week. She was "concerned" that Idaho colleges would have trouble attracting performing arts groups to campus if people were allowed to carry.
I don't see the down side of that. ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

hirundo82 wrote:That has to be one of the stupidest arguments I've heard recently.

Cause those artsy types are so terrified of guns, don't you know.

It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of bigoted, racist, stereotypical, biased comments that people on the left can spew without a second's thought and the media then prints as perfectly normal thinking.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

That comment made no sense to me because to be so terrified of guns you won't perform anywhere they are allowed means no performances in virtually any shall-issue state. The performing arts centers here in Houston seem to have no trouble attracting acts, and carry is allowed at virtually all of them (except the school-owned ones of course).
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

aardwolf wrote:"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"