UT-Houston police warn of armed robberies

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
hirundo82
Posts in topic: 1

UT-Houston police warn of armed robberies

Post by hirundo82 »

From a UT-Houston police bulletin yesterday (also see attached file):
From 03-18-2011 through 03-22-2011 there have been 4 aggravated robberies reported near our UT/MD Anderson campus. There were two reports on the 18th, one at Broadmead Drive & Main St. (8:20pm) and at 9000 Almeda Road (9:25pm). The third report was also from 9000 Almeda Road on the 19th (9:25pm). The fourth report happened on Tuesday, March 22nd at 1800 El Paseo, across from UT Housing.

The method of operation reported to police by the victims indicates that the aggravated robberies may have been committed by the same person. The individual approaches on foot (may pretend to be on his cell phone), displays his gun and forces the victims to give him their belongings, such as wallet and cell phone. The individual has been described as a black male, mid to late twenties, goatee, medium build wearing a black shirt and grey sweat pants. If you have any information regarding these robberies please contact UTPD @ 713-792-2890.
Note that MD Anderson is off limits to CHL as a school. Now why would a CHL holder ned to carry a gun in a teaching hospital?

Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be an amendment added to SB354 allowing school-owned hospitals (MD Anderson, UTMB, etc.) to post §30.06 signs, so this robber and others can likely count on unarmed victims for years to come.
Attachments
safety-bulletin---aggravated-robberies---03-23-2011-2-[1].pdf
(221.59 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

74novaman

Re: UT-Houston police warn of armed robberies

Post by 74novaman »

hirundo82 wrote:
Note that MD Anderson is off limits to CHL as a school. Now why would a CHL holder ned to carry a gun in a teaching hospital?

Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be an amendment added to SB354 allowing school-owned hospitals (MD Anderson, UTMB, etc.) to post §30.06 signs, so this robber and others can likely count on unarmed victims for years to come.
:grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

Being married to a med student, that amendment would upset me greatly.
TANSTAAFL

RPB
Banned

Re: UT-Houston police warn of armed robberies

Post by RPB »

74novaman wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:

:grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

Being married to a med student, that amendment would upset me greatly.
I just e-mailed them all, copied above post ... (Hope you don't mind, but you said it better than I can)

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=43484#p525247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Senate Criminal Justice Committee Members Contact Info
Re: the Amendment to SB 354:

From a UT-Houston police bulletin yesterday :

From 03-18-2011 through 03-22-2011 there have been 4 aggravated robberies reported near our UT/MD Anderson campus. There were two reports on the 18th, one at Broadmead Drive & Main St. (8:20pm) and at 9000 Almeda Road (9:25pm). The third report was also from 9000 Almeda Road on the 19th (9:25pm). The fourth report happened on Tuesday, March 22nd at 1800 El Paseo, across from UT Housing.

The method of operation reported to police by the victims indicates that the aggravated robberies may have been committed by the same person. The individual approaches on foot (may pretend to be on his cell phone), displays his gun and forces the victims to give him their belongings, such as wallet and cell phone. The individual has been described as a black male, mid to late twenties, goatee, medium build wearing a black shirt and grey sweat pants. If you have any information regarding these robberies please contact UTPD @ 713-792-2890.
=====================

Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be an amendment added to SB354 allowing school-owned hospitals (MD Anderson, UTMB, etc.) to post §30.06 signs, .........so this robber and others can likely count on unarmed victims for years to come.

==========
Please report SB 354 Favorably out of committee soon.

The UT crime map shows in the past year, 153 assaults, and 186 burglaries (and currently CHLs must store guns in cars for vehicular burglars to get)

I had a guy pull a knife on me in San Jacinto College Parking lot and a gun stolen from the car I'm forced to keep it in while I worked at UH.
Vehicle burglaries are on the rise at College Campuses across Texas since criminals now know we must "store guns in cars" on Campus, instead of carrying them in like we do at Wal-Mart and everywhere else.
I'm 56 year old homeowner, not a "kid". Current law of "storing guns in cars" just provides easier access to guns on campus to criminal car burglars.

Please report SB 354 Favorably out of committee soon.

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=43484#p525247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Senate Criminal Justice Committee Members Contact Info
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”