not allowing students with weapons to attend his classe

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

not allowing students with weapons to attend his classe

Post by RPB »

Guns on Campus Bill: Professor shows Civil Disobedience (by not allowing students with guns to attend his classes)
by David
March 30th, 2011
http://www.dmcantor.com/blog/2011/03/30 ... ience.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ummmm He got them X-ray glasses?
Last edited by RPB on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Re: not allowing students with weapons to attend his classe

Post by Teamless »

If it is allowed by law, how can he really prevent it, and again, if it is concealed how would he know anyway?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

Seriously....he realizes that people have been caring guns it classrooms for a while right?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

gigag04 wrote:he realizes that people have been caring guns it classrooms for a while right?
There is no way someone was carrying a gun in his class, his proof is probably that no one ever got shot in his class, as we all know guns go off all by themselves all the time
League City, TX

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

The funniest part of his whole attitude, imo, is that he has probably ALREADY had "students with weapons" in his class....unlawful weapons.

I'm sure that will work out well for him.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

would the Arizona bill allow open carry in the classroom? would the professor demand to see a student's CHL status as a prerequisite for registering for the class (if you have one, you can't register?)

I fully understand the idea of civil disobedience (hey, after a long hard fight, it worked for Gandhi and MLK). But those folks were fighting FOR their civil rights and AGAINST government oppression. This moron seems to think it's still "civil disobedience" for an authority figure to impose unlawful restrictions. You gotcha logic all screwed around upside down and backwards there, professor.

When are libtards going to realize that RKBA is a CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUE!!! For that matter, when is the ACLU going to support ALL TEN amendments in the Bill of Rights?

I love when this blowhard says "you can have a skateboard outside of class just not IN the class. you can have a calculator ... you can have a cell phone ..."

Professor, please show me an Arizona state law (much less a US Constitutional Amendment) that guarantees a citizen's right to carry a skateboard, calculator, or cell phone ANYWHERE?

This idiot saying he will illegally prevent otherwise lawful students from entering his class while legally carrying a gun is NO DIFFERENT than saying he will not allow blacks at his lunch counter.

The civil rights movement isn't dead, it's just been turned upside down and dropped by libtards when they disagree with the particular civil right being demanded.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 24

Post by WildBill »

RPB wrote:Image
Huh. I bought a pair of those a few years ago and they didn't work for me. What a waste of $1.99. :???: :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:The funniest part of his whole attitude, imo, is that he has probably ALREADY had "students with weapons" in his class....unlawful weapons.

Unlawful how?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

gigag04 wrote:Post by gigag04 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:The funniest part of his whole attitude, imo, is that he has probably ALREADY had "students with weapons" in his class....unlawful weapons.

Unlawful how?
I should let Dan reply, but couldn't resist, as I thought the same thing, until I thought about Dan's wording.
"weapons" was stated, not "guns", so what if a person has a knife that is longer than allowed by law, or with a mechanism that opens illegally (switchblade?), what other weapons are there that are guns that someone could put in a back pack?
League City, TX

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by GEM-Texas »

It would be interesting to find a psychologist or psychiatrist that would certify he had a weapons based anxiety disorder under the DSM criteria. They would be committing fraud to certify such a disability since he announced he would fake one. He would be subject to fraud laws for this also.

Legal genius.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

First how would he know. Second, this makes him the sitting duck.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

philip964 wrote:First how would he know. Second, this makes him the sitting duck.
Actually, first is that this appears to be a state owned school... He has no choice in the matter. Think of the discrimination lawsuit just waiting to happen here...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

Unlawful how?
I'm referring to students who do not meet the legal criteria for lawfully carrying a weapon, be it firearm or other, in his class, due to age, criminal conduct, or whatever.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

snorri

Post by snorri »

austinrealtor wrote:This idiot saying he will illegally prevent otherwise lawful students from entering his class while legally carrying a gun is NO DIFFERENT than saying he will not allow blacks at his lunch counter.

The civil rights movement isn't dead, it's just been turned upside down and dropped by libtards when they disagree with the particular civil right being demanded.
:iagree:

Allowing public universities to "opt out" of campus carry is like allowing public universities to "opt out" of racial integration.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

PBratton wrote:
philip964 wrote:First how would he know. Second, this makes him the sitting duck.
Actually, first is that this appears to be a state owned school... He has no choice in the matter. Think of the discrimination lawsuit just waiting to happen here...
Probably not a discrimination lawsuit, but he could likely be terminated for violating state law.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”