Concealed Carry on Campus Panel Discussion at UT Austin Feat

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kory Zipperer
Posts in topic: 2

Concealed Carry on Campus Panel Discussion at UT Austin Feat

Post by Kory Zipperer »

Date: Wednesday, April 13th, 2011
Time: 7 PM to 8:30 PM
Location: University of Texas at Austin, in the Union Theater, Room 2.228

Next Wednesday, TIP Fellows, an interdisciplinary group at the University of Texas at Austin, will be holding a panel event discussing the topic of concealed carry on campus in Texas.

In defense of HB 750 and SB 354 (legalizing the licensed, concealed carry of a handgun on a college campus) will be:

Representative David Simpson (R-Longview), author of the first proposed campus carry bill (HB 86) and co author of HB 750.
Tony McDonald, UT law student and Senior Vice Chairman of Young Conservatives of Texas.
Kory Zipperer, UT undergraduate student and Vice President of the UT chapter of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

In opposition to the campus carry bills will be:

Representative Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin)
Dr. Molly Cummins, Assistant Professor of Integrative Biology at UT Austin
John Woods, UT biology graduate student and victim of the Virginia Tech Massacre of 2007. Woods is also the executive officer of the UT chapter of Students for Gun Free Schools.

The moderator for the evening will be Dr. Moon Draper, UT professor, School of Biological Sciences.

Hope to see you there!
-Kory Zipperer

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Concealed Carry on Campus Panel Discussion at UT Austin

Post by RPB »

Thanks.

I wish

Bradford B. Wiles http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/80510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (and viewtopic.php?f=83&t=43966#p531746" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amanda Collins viewtopic.php?f=83&t=43966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ken Stanton (V.T. SCCC)
Wayne Chiang (V.T. SCCC)
could be there to discuss "feelings"

:mrgreen:

They'd be tough for Johnny wood for brains to refute.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Kory Zipperer and John Woods were just on channel 7 MyFOXAustin discussing/announcing this

Tonight.
Date: Wednesday, April 13th, 2011
Time: 7 PM to 8:30 PM
Location: University of Texas at Austin, in the Union Theater, Room 2.228

Next Wednesday, TIP Fellows, an interdisciplinary group at the University of Texas at Austin, will be holding a panel event discussing the topic of concealed carry on campus in Texas.

In defense of HB 750 and SB 354 (legalizing the licensed, concealed carry of a handgun on a college campus) will be:

Representative David Simpson (R-Longview), author of the first proposed campus carry bill (HB 86) and co author of HB 750.
Tony McDonald, UT law student and Senior Vice Chairman of Young Conservatives of Texas.
Kory Zipperer, UT undergraduate student and Vice President of the UT chapter of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

In opposition to the campus carry bills will be:

Representative Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin)
Dr. Molly Cummins, Assistant Professor of Integrative Biology at UT Austin
John Woods, UT biology graduate student and victim of the Virginia Tech Massacre of 2007. Woods is also the executive officer of the UT chapter of Students for Gun Free Schools.
Article
Texas Lawmakers Back Off Concealed Carry on Campus
Updated: Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 8:14 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 8:08 AM CDT
By Jim Vertuna/ AP Writer
Read more: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stor ... z1JPfSLWta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stor ... 110413-apx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

myfoxaustin just had a decent report showing Dr. Suzanna Hupp saying she threw things at her TV when hearing of Virginia Tech and said I TOLD YOU SO

"GUNS SAVE LIVES if they get that concealed carry bill on campus passed"

Also interview with CHL instructor
and lots more ... was on TV (followed by idiotic statements from Colin Goddard who advocates getting shot 4 times over 10 minutes rather than fighting to live)

They attached just a tiny bit of video to this story
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stor ... z1JSYFkD9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see the entire video, but this 9:00 broadcast will be repeated at 2:00 A.M. ... and possibly that portion maybe in the morning (Fox news morning) at 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. (and they run news all morning till 7 or 8 a.m.) If anyone wants to record somehow off the "watch live" link) on that site
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

UT Students Discuss Guns on Campus Bill

Post by RPB »

Below is video from this morning

UT Students Discuss Guns on Campus Bill
Updated: Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 10:07 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 10:07 AM CDT

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/good_day ... z1JQk28KhJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

Kory, I'm sure you'll do fine. Just make the antis stick to the facts and don't let them get away with their lies. Wish I could attend.
Last edited by baldeagle on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Moon Draper? Really?

How did it go?
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I think it was channel 24 (maybe 42) at 10:00 news had a brief blurb/video while it was going on ... not a lot.

Not seeing on either website yet
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
Kory Zipperer

Post by Kory Zipperer »

I know Moon, he's a great guy. I can't imagine anyone having a beef with him :lol:

That panel was brutal. I can only answer so many 'what if' questions so many times. About 90% of the questions were aimed at my side of the panel, so it was a long evening. Got a few good stabs in on Woods, so that was fun.

If I get my hands on the video, I'll post it.

And oh yeah, the Representatives didn't get to participate. They were tried up on the house floor.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

I listened to what I could take of your debate with John Woods on the Katie Austin show. I can only listen to so much "airhead talk" (all the "like", "you know", and "um") from the host before I start losing IQ points. :banghead:

Send us a youtube link when you get the video up.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”