UTSA

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skaven
Posts in topic: 2

UTSA

Post by Skaven »

Hey, just wanted to keep everyone updated. The University of Texas at San Antonio is conducting a closed poll to determin how our student government will take a stand on SB 354. I will post when the results of the poll have been made public.

RPB
Banned

Re: UTSA

Post by RPB »

Thank you

related:

Guns at UTSA Discussed On Campus and in the Senate
By Victor H. Hernandez
paisanonews@sbcglobal.net
Published: Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Updated: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 19:04

http://www.paisano-online.com/news/guns ... -1.2185904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Several institutions such as UT Austin, Texas State, Texas A&M, UT Arlington and UT Pan American have already contacted their senators opposing the bill. UTSA's Student Government Organization is holding an online poll for students to vote and voice their opinion from April 19-20 — a month later than the rest of the universities.

To vote, log into your homepage on ASAP, and scroll down to the "Vote now" link.

And .... at least 2 colleges passed resolutions supporting the bills ... but I guess they ran out of space before that got printed ????

(Quick, jump on the bandwagon ...)

Student concensus [SIC] absent
Student government fails to take stance on issue on concealed handguns on campus
By Victor H. Hernandez & Angela Marin
paisanonews@sbcglobal.net
Published: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Updated: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 16:04
http://www.paisano-online.com/news/stud ... -1.2159999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
Skaven

Post by Skaven »

Our SGA president has resolved to veto any resolutions that oppose SB 354 so I think from the buzz on campus, and the stance of our president, the students may support the bill, only problem is that our college president Dr. Romo, is in staunch opposition.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Skaven wrote:Our SGA president has resolved to veto any resolutions that oppose SB 354 so I think from the buzz on campus, and the stance of our president, the students may support the bill, only problem is that our college president Dr. Romo, is in staunch opposition.
Typical

Students, officers on the street, some faculty and staff support, while Democrat Admin and chiefs oppose.

It's why Republican Senators saying they are "listening to their constituents" really are listening to 2 Democrats, INSTEAD OF their constituents.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Tamie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tamie »

RPB wrote:Students, officers on the street, some faculty and staff support, while Democrat Admin and chiefs oppose.

It's why Republican Senators saying they are "listening to their constituents" really are listening to 2 Democrats, INSTEAD OF their constituents.
I hope those 2 Democrats vote for them, because I know a lot of people who won't
unless both parking lot protection and campus carry pass this session.

They blamed the Democrats for two years. Now it's time to go big or go home!

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”