TCU - Ummm this is where you FORCE me to ...

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

TCU - Ummm this is where you FORCE me to ...

Post by RPB »

Valuables left in vehicles encourage theft and burglary on campus
TCU News Now
By Kerri Feczko
News Now Reporter
Published: Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Updated: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 20:04
http://www.tcudailyskiff.com/2.6819/new ... -1.2554144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ummm this is where you FORCE me to store my gun.
The safest place for your car may not be in a campus parking lot.

According to 2009 TCU Police crime statistics, burglary and theft of motor vehicles were the most prevalent crimes on campus. Almost one third of those cases occurred in the freshman parking lots.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

PappaGun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TCU - Ummm this is where you FORCE me to ...

Post by PappaGun »

I wonder how many guns have been stolen.

You have to be dumb to leave some thing valuable sitting in the open.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

PappaGun wrote:I wonder how many guns have been stolen.

A car gun safe hidden under a seat isn't out in the open, but it also wouldn't stop theives who drive off with entire ATM machines.

handguns stored in a car on campus must be concealed anyway.
That's why lots of cars are burglarized on campus, because:
1) Criminals know guns must be stored in cars on campus by CHLs
2) MOST cars on campus contain no gun (most students aren't of age to get a CHL, and many don't know of the MPA)

How many car burglars actually obtain a gun from a campus car burglary?
Very very few, if any at all, because:
See #2 above
2) MOST cars on campus contain no gun (most students aren't of age to get a CHL, and many don't know of the MPA)

However, that's why more and more vehicle burglaries occur.
I go fishing a LOT
I catch very few fish.

People gamble on lottery tickets/slot machines etc a LOT.
Very few people win.

Criminals burglarize cars a lot.
Not many will find a gun.
(Although that's where CHLs are forced to store them, so criminals burglarize vehicles hoping to "win", "catch one")

So, if a student's car gets burglarized, even an anti-gun student, by a criminal who went "shopping/gambling/fishing .... it's the school and government's fault for "stocking the lake", No one fishes where fish are not found. No one gambles on a scratch off with Zer0 chance of winning.

IMHO, anyone losing ANYTHING from a car burglary, needs to file a claim and get reimbursed by the school. (Assuming they locked the car, hid the items etc)

Another article/same paper ... TCU just settled a RAPE on campus case .... I guess they don't want Immunity provided by SB 354, so schools need to be held liable for all foreseeable acts of failing to protect. Including any and all losses and damages due to "criminals fishing for guns in cars"
I'm no lawyer

PappaGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PappaGun »

RPB wrote:

A car gun safe hidden under a seat isn't out in the open, but it also wouldn't stop theives who drive off with entire ATM machines.

handguns stored in a car on campus must be concealed anyway.
That's why lots of cars are burglarized on campus, because:
1) Criminals know guns must be stored in cars on campus by CHLs

How many car burglars actually obtain a gun from a campus car burglary?
Very very few, if any at all, because:
See #2 above

However, that's why more and more vehicle burglaries occur.
I go fishing a LOT
I catch very few fish.

People gamble on lottery tickets/slot machines etc a LOT.
Very few people win.

Criminals burglarize cars a lot.
Not many will find a gun.
(Although that's where CHLs are forced to store them, so criminals burglarize vehicles hoping to "win", "catch one")

So, if a student's car gets burglarized, even an anti-gun student, by a criminal who went "shopping/gambling/fishing .... it's the school and government's fault for "stocking the lake", No one fishes where fish are not found. No one gambles on a scratch off with Zer0 chance of winning.

IMHO, anyone losing ANYTHING from a car burglary, needs to file a claim and get reimbursed by the school. (Assuming they locked the car, hid the items etc)

Another article/same paper ... TCU just settled a RAPE on campus case .... I guess they don't want Immunity provided by SB 354, so schools need to be held liable for all foreseeable acts of failing to protect. Including any and all losses and damages due to "criminals fishing for guns in cars"
Yeah. When referring to leaving anything valuable being left out in the open, I meant items like ipads. ipods etc.
Why even leave a backpack in the open as referred to in the video.
Use your trunk or take it with.
The gun question is merely curiosity.
But I am sure at least one has been left in a glove box and stolen, though that's just a guess on my part.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Police officer buddy of mine had his stolen from a truck which was stolen; truck recovered later, gun wasn't.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

UTD Richardson
Burglary victim calls for caution
By Anwesha Bhattacharjee
Staff Writer
Published: Sunday, May 1, 2011
Updated: Sunday, May 1, 2011 04:05

http://www.utdmercury.com/news/burglary ... -1.2214647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In "UTD PD Theft Update," in the March 20 issue of The Mercury, Lt. Ken MacKenzie informed read­ers about increasing numbers of car thefts on campus.
You pay $35 for a parking pass here, you live here and you feel safe here. People just need to know these things do happen here, so don't get too comfortable."
I'm no lawyer

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigmoney »

I just finished a research paper for my english class in which I happily wrote about gun control, per my professor's request. I found a section from a report online, where of all the felons which were surveyed in this particular study, it was estimated that every felon who had admitted to stealing guns, had stolen an average of 39 guns in their lifetime, an average of 4 per year. And just to make the prfoessor happy, I'll give you my MLA citing:
Kleck, Gary, and Wang Shun-Yung Kevin. "THE MYTH OF BIG-TIME GUN TRAFFICKING AND THE OVERINTERPRETATION OF GUN TRACING DATA." UCLA Law Review 56.5 (2009): 1233-1294. Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 24 Apr. 2011.

This same study asked the origin of guns from felons serving time in gun related crimes, in which 46% claim the gun they used was definately stolen, and another 24% said probably stolen.

Granted this is not limited to just theft from cars, but interesting to me none the less.

It really is all about "Fishing" but just thought I'd share my 2 cents on what I recently read.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”