Articles about zaffrini cutting off nose to spite face

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Articles about zaffrini cutting off nose to spite face

Post by hirundo82 »

It looks like HB2178 (decriminalization bill) is on the move in the House. I wonder if adding something similar as an amendment to a Senate bill would let it get through. Or just amend SB321 to have language like HB2178--that may be more acceptable from a parliamentary procedure perspective.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jasonw560 »

They need to do it PDQ. Time's runnng out.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RPB »

Wentworth: Campus-carry not dead

By Mike Ward | Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:10 AM

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... _postcards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
State Sen. Jeff Wentworth, R-San Antonio, reacting this morning to a headline in The Statesman that read: “Campus-carry bill revived, then killed again.”

Wentworth said the headline gave the impression campus-carry is done with in the Senate.

“It’s not dead. I can assure you of that,” he said. “It’s on hold. It’s coming back.”

Stay tuned, as they say.
:coolgleamA:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Jasonw560 wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:Are there any crime bills that SB 354 could be attached to as an amendment? To me that would highlight the most important aspect of campus carry, namely that it is a personal security, anti-crime measure.
:iagree:

The remaining higher ed bills are either:
A) better acceptance of credits of non-traditional means
B) free rides for vets and families (including reimbursements from soldiers of previous wars)
C) free rides for kids who "qualify"

That's my take after a very quick perusal.

Don't see any way to make CC germane to any of these.

So let's make it germane. We add a section to the bill that gives one credit of PE for anyone who has taken a Texas CHL class and carries on campus. Think what that would do to the opposition. :biggrinjester:
Steve Rothstein

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jasonw560 »

Zaffirini: :mad5

Ellis: :blowup

Lucio: :banghead:

Ogden: :headscratch

You have to admit, that was a nice little piece of drama when she took her bill at the end and ripped it up in disgust.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NorthTexas »

srothstein wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:Are there any crime bills that SB 354 could be attached to as an amendment? To me that would highlight the most important aspect of campus carry, namely that it is a personal security, anti-crime measure.

B) free rides for vets and families (including reimbursements from soldiers of previous wars)

So let's make it germane. We add a section to the bill that gives one credit of PE for anyone who has taken a Texas CHL class and carries on campus. Think what that would do to the opposition. :biggrinjester:
Better yet, have the CHL classes taught on-campus like Texas Tech did fairly recently, but for credit. One credit hour class for Criminal Justice majors, or for ROTC minors, and optional elective for others? Or a continuing education style class at the community college level for nontraditional, non-degree seeking students. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

NorthTexas wrote:
srothstein wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:

Better yet, have the CHL classes taught on-campus like Texas Tech did fairly recently, but for credit. One credit hour class for Criminal Justice majors, or for ROTC minors, and optional elective for others? Or a continuing education style class at the community college level for nontraditional, non-degree seeking students. :mrgreen:
Might have more students than the photography, ceramics, flower arranging, basket weaving, learn to knit, and breadmaking classes.

If logic was a prerequisite, it could keep all the Woodheads/Bradys from taking it. :lol:

I'm still chuckling at Zaffrini challenging germane-ness on Amendment 7 because it allowed private schools to opt out and SB 5 wasn't about "Private" Schools..... so Wentworth removed that language so the Private schools couldn't opt out ... in Amendment 8 so it WAS germane .... she SHOULD have been pleased .... There's just no pleasing some women "rlol"

That was just a situation which REALLY backfired on her; and shows Wentworth is smart.

Sure; I'll accommodate your request to remove even more restrictions on where we can carry since you are forcing me to, in order to make it germane ... :smilelol5: ... :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

odd

SB5 is listed here on Intent calendar for May 5 http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 110505.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even though it was withdrawn from consideration http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ll=SB00005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guess I should E-mail Zaffrini about how important it is that SB 5 pass and how little anyone has ever been affected by campus carry in the 26-27 States / Majority of States where it is "NOT ILLEGAL" That's probably a waste of time but I dunno.
I'm no lawyer

Coogan

Post by Coogan »

RPB wrote:odd

SB5 is listed here on Intent calendar for May 5 http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 110505.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even though it was withdrawn from consideration http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ll=SB00005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guess I should E-mail Zaffrini about how important it is that SB 5 pass and how little anyone has ever been affected by campus carry in the 26-27 States / Majority of States where it is "NOT ILLEGAL" That's probably a waste of time but I dunno.
Sen. Zaffirini is hoping that Sen. Wentworth can attach SB 354 to a different bill, thereby giving her the opportunity to bring SB 5 up for a vote without the campus-carry amendment.

Read the last part of the following article:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 49116.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Coogan wrote:
RPB wrote:odd

Sen. Zaffirini is hoping that Sen. Wentworth can attach SB 354 to a different bill, thereby giving her the opportunity to bring SB 5 up for a vote without the campus-carry amendment.

Read the last part of the following article:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 49116.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks .... looks like she and I are hoping the same thing
... perhaps she can help him out a little then, especially since "he supported my bill," a frustrated Zaffirini said." :mrgreen: Maybe she'll suggest another bill she filed to him for it to attach to? :smilelol5:
Last edited by RPB on Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

apostate

Post by apostate »

RPB wrote:Thanks .... looks like she and I are hoping the same thing[/color] ... perhaps she can help him out a little then, especially since "he supported my bill," a frustrated Zaffirini said." :mrgreen:
As you said earlier, it would solve her problem if she became one of the 21 votes to allow debate on Senate Bill 354. If she's not willing to allow it a fair shake, I can't muster any sympathy for her legislative agita.

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

apostate wrote:
RPB wrote:Thanks .... looks like she and I are hoping the same thing[/color] ... perhaps she can help him out a little then, especially since "he supported my bill," a frustrated Zaffirini said." :mrgreen:
As you said earlier, it would solve her problem if she became one of the 21 votes to allow debate on Senate Bill 354. If she's not willing to allow it a fair shake, I can't muster any sympathy for her legislative agita.
:iagree: But if she thinks she'll get in trouble being #21 ...

unless she LIED in the article above about hoping he gets it attached to another bill .... perhaps she'll loan him all her staffers to research for another bill for him to attach it to, or offer another one she has filed.

(I'm guessing she lied)

She might have been "misquoted" but the paper is usually accurate when quoting antis' lies and fear-mongering misinformation statements they spread
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”