Call to Action for Wednesday (We're So Close!)

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Call to Action for Wednesday (We're So Close!)

Post by UpTheIrons »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
UpTheIrons wrote:Called three sets of folks, faxed the primaries and will fax more tonight from another email address (or two!).

Had the guy in Rep. Torres' office tell me "you need to call your own representative". :totap:

This is getting kinda fun, ain't it?!?
My response would have been something along the lines of "Well, if he/she were on the committee, I would. But since he/she isn't, I'm calling your guy. Oh, and I may not be in your district, but I know plenty of people who are, and they aren't going to be happy when they hear how you handled this call. Do you think you live in a vacuum or something? Need I remind you that MY taxes pay YOUR salary? This call isn't to you, it's to your boss. Now how about you button your lip and record my concerns?"
Had I been on top of it, I would have said exactly that, but he was the last one in a line of 9 calls, and I had to get out the door to the next thing, so I just blanked.

Had a great conversation with Gail (?) in Rep. Riddle's office. She was happy that a group of actual STUDENTS in favor of CC came through, instead of all those people against it who aren't going to be affected by the bill.
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by warhorse10_9 »

Faxed them all again today. Called Straus and asked for his support.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RPB »

Good

John Woods is flying to Virginia for Mollie Rose Woods' graduation. http://twitter.com/#!/mohawkjohn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Apparently she desired to go to a college in a State where campus carry is not "illegal"... go figure :headscratch ) http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/80510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Collin Goddard and other anti-gun folks in other States are tweeting for everyone to call Texas House members ...
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Note about 2 free faxes per day on Faxzero.com

That's 2 free faxes per each e-mail address you use.
Just so you know, in case you want to fax more than 2 Appropriations Committee members/Representatives etc.
Example: If I have about 20 free hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo etc e-mail addresses ... I can send 40 faxes per day free.

I 3> copy and paste I put my message in notepad; open all the web pages of the persons I'll fax, copy/paste their name and fax numbers .... send .... then get my mail and click to verify each and they send

Just sayin' ... in case you didn't know. ;-)

That way, I get less upset if ... Your fax to Rep. Straus, at 5124630675 has failed because the receiver's phone line failed.

Because of all the
Your 1-page fax to Rep. Pitts at 5124631051 has been sent successfully!
Your 1-page fax to Rep. Aycock at 5124638987 has been sent successfully!
Your 1-page fax to Rep. Hilderbran, at 5124631449 has been sent successfully!
etc etc etc
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

RPB wrote:Good

John Woods is flying to Virginia for Mollie Rose Woods' graduation. http://twitter.com/#!/mohawkjohn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Apparently she desired to go to a college in a State where campus carry is not "illegal"... go figure :headscratch ) http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/80510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Collin Goddard and other anti-gun folks in other States are tweeting for everyone to call Texas House members ...
Update:

John got "HOME" (Virginia) safely
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located in Chantilly, VA
http://twitter.com/#!/mohawkjohn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mohawkjohn Mohawk-John
Home :)
@ IAD Dulles International http://gowal.la/c/4d8gw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours ago

I bet he'll be nervous going to a graduation where guns aren't illegal on campus
What if ......
Imagine if .....

sorry, back on topic:

got all my e-mails/faxes/calls done for the day :mrgreen:
See post immediately above this on getting more than 2 faxes per day.
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Final push today ... call/fax/e-mail ...

While articles like this are showing up
http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement ... -on-campus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

RPB wrote:Final push today ... call/fax/e-mail ...

While articles like this are showing up
http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement ... -on-campus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll preface the comment I'm about to make with some history of who I am, so that what might appear as a bash to Law Enforcement may be taken in the spirit it's given.

I'm a computer programmer. In the past, I worked in the public safety software industry for many years. I wrote e911, BOLO/Persons of interest/Local/state/ federal searches, Mobile(silent) dispatch, UCR/NIBRS reporting, Biometric interfaces, Streaming video from car to dispatcher, Court reporting, and probably a few more solutions that fail to spring to mind.

In the course of these duties as a programmer, I've spent more hours that either me or my wife would care to count away from home at clients sites, in dispatch centers, riding in cruisers, and in general rubbing elbows with LEO from all ranks. As a result of this, many of my best friends are in the Law Enforcement community. I have the highest respect for the job and for 99.9% of the people I've met.

With all that being said... Who in their right mind could say with a straight face "We have the campus police here to protect us"

Even God helps those who help themselves.

rexinthecity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rexinthecity »

clarionite wrote:Who in their right mind could say with a straight face "We have the campus police here to protect us"

In 2009 my campus police department was put under investigation for mismanagement and fraud. I believe ~13 officers were fired/quit. I have sooooo much faith in them.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

rexinthecity wrote:
clarionite wrote:Who in their right mind could say with a straight face "We have the campus police here to protect us"

In 2009 my campus police department was put under investigation for mismanagement and fraud. I believe ~13 officers were fired/quit. I have sooooo much faith in them.
Even with a department that has stellar performance, they're not able to protect everyone. They will be the ones to investigate after the crime has occurred. I'd much rather they have to file a report that explains why that BG has a hole in him than for them to be investigating who robbed and murdered me.

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hirundo82 »

clarionite wrote:Even with a department that has stellar performance, they're not able to protect everyone.
They're not supposed to be the ones to protect us. The Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly that the government has no responsibility to protect any specific individual. The government's responsibility is to society as a whole (apprehend criminals before they can strike again, etc.); the responsibility for protecting an individual from crime rests on that individual alone.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

boba

Post by boba »

hirundo82 wrote:
clarionite wrote:Even with a department that has stellar performance, they're not able to protect everyone.
They're not supposed to be the ones to protect us. The Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly that the government has no responsibility to protect any specific individual. The government's responsibility is to society as a whole (apprehend criminals before they can strike again, etc.); the responsibility for protecting an individual from crime rests on that individual alone.
Even worse are the private schools that get to have police departments even though they're not government.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”