Charles' bill

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Charles' bill

Post by srothstein »

I keep watching what happens in Austin and wondering about one thing. How do we get a constitutional amendment passed to apply the same rules to the US Congress? I would really love to see them restricted to 120 days every two years and then waste so much of it on politics.
Steve Rothstein

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Russell wrote:Are they doing this on purpose? Is there a reason behind this or are they just being lazy?
A different speaker and a few more democrats. As Sarah says, lots posturing to figure out who is lead dog and who is sniffing tail.
Democrats are going to be a little more influentual, but I believe they will be shown their place after all is said and done.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Purplehood wrote:Isn't that HB 410?
I was wondering that as well...Alice Tripp said something about "410" and I stand to be corrected but it seemed like she had a concern about that one...

I was, and still am, going to do a little digging and catch up to see whats going on with that one...

I only remember that she said there were NO bad bills this session, but there were a couple of questionable snippets inside a couple of them that needed to be gleened, or polished up...One or the other...

Obviously, all of the "good" bills need some action by us in this forum to our prospective Reps and Senators to let them know, in a positive way, that we appreciate their support and vote FOR these bills this session...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”