Getting Antsy

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jrosto
Posts in topic: 1

Getting Antsy

Post by jrosto »

I do my daily bill search looking for new firearms related bills at the State level, and still nothing new. I am really looking forward to reading the CHL/campus bill and the new parking lot bills. I sincerely hope that the new legislation is much better than last sessions HB 992.

I understand that the CHL/campus bill is a good one, can't wait to read it.
"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." Ronald Reagan

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Getting Antsy

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I can't give details yet, but the draft of the parking lot bill is good. I say this understanding the concerns from last session. Please don't ask questions about specific provisions; I can't respond at this point.

I know I'm not giving much information, but I want to ease concerns about some of HB992's provisions.

Chas.

GrillKing

Re: Getting Antsy

Post by GrillKing »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I can't give details yet, but the draft of the parking lot bill is good. I say this understanding the concerns from last session. Please don't ask questions about specific provisions; I can't respond at this point.

I know I'm not giving much information, but I want to ease concerns about some of HB992's provisions.

Chas.
Jrosto, at the last session two years ago, most of the good stuff seemed to appear and close very near the end of the session. I'm no expert, but I think there is plenty of time. I'm confident Chas. and co. are working very hard on a number of things that we would all like to see and I don't think it is unusual for lots of stuff to happen (or at least become visible) nearer the end.

The best thing we can do is be patient and act (letters/calls/etc.) if and when we get the word from Chas.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”