Add Fort Bend Co Sheriff Nehls in

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ericstac
Posts in topic: 1

Add Fort Bend Co Sheriff Nehls in

Post by Ericstac »

The Sheriff’s Office is committed to respect
and defend all unalienable rights of the citizens of Fort Bend County

The Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office has received several requests for a statement in response to recent attention and federal executive orders relating to the right to keep and bear arms. Please accept this press release as a response in both my personal capacity and in my capacity as the Sheriff of Fort Bend County.

I have spent my career serving in law enforcement and with the United States Armed Forces for the purpose of protecting the liberties and freedoms we enjoy in our great land. With respect to the Second Amendment to the Constitution, my position is that the right to self-defense is an unalienable right and it includes the right to possess firearms, a position confirmed by the United States Supreme Court in 2008.

Please note that the duties of the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office include preserving the peace and fairly enforcing the laws of the State of Texas. Executive orders from the President of the United States directed to members of the federal executive branch are not applicable to a Texas official.

May God bless and protect you, the State of Texas, and the United States of America.

Very truly yours,
Troy E. Nehls
Sheriff, Fort Bend County

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thewave

I copied the entire letter because I'm not sure if you can read it if you don't have a Facebook acct...please don't ban me. :nono:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”