‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#16

Post by allisji » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm

E10 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:O'Rourke is so popular his two opponents spent a total of $785 and got 39% of the votes.
Lemme see...
Hernandez + Kimbrough 39%
O’Rourke 62%
Total 101% !!! How can this be?
Oh, yeah, it’s the Democrat primary.
indeed, at 101%, voter turnout was the highest ever in a midterm election democratic primary
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#17

Post by twomillenium » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Scott Farkus wrote:We can't get complacent. Plenty of people aren't particularly happy with Cruz and might stay home in November. I also worry about a Roy Moore style revelation suddenly being "discovered" a week before the election.

The left will keep coming and coming because they think "blue Texas" is imminent, and Trump only won here by 9 points. We need to get back to stomping these liberals by 15-20 points to show the rest of the country how it's done.

If Texas ever goes blue, I truly believe we're finished as a country. In some ways we're a wall holding back full-on liberalism; if we crack there aren't enough people in places like Oklahoma and Missouri to hold it off any longer.
I guess I run in a different group than you do. I live in a blue precinct and they voted for Cruz then and the only complaints I hear are for those who do not listen to Cruz in the Senate. Now, you might be right when it comes to Cornyn, after all, no matter what he says, he ain't one of us.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5983
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#18

Post by Pawpaw » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:35 pm

E10 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:O'Rourke is so popular his two opponents spent a total of $785 and got 39% of the votes.
Lemme see...
Hernandez + Kimbrough 39%
O’Rourke 62%
Total 101% !!! How can this be?
Oh, yeah, it’s the Democrat primary.
The same way they achieved 110% voter turn-out in some Kalifornia counties?

https://www.abc2news.com/newsy/11-calif ... n-eligible
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1293
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#19

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

E10 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:O'Rourke is so popular his two opponents spent a total of $785 and got 39% of the votes.
Lemme see...
Hernandez + Kimbrough 39%
O’Rourke 62%
Total 101% !!! How can this be?
Oh, yeah, it’s the Democrat primary.

"rlol" and 115% of the population of a few counties made that happen!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#20

Post by crazy2medic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Wow, political suicide came early!
:txflag:
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Jeff B.
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Flower Mound

Re: ‘Good luck with THAT’! Texas Dem Beto O’Rourke just handed Ted Cruz a LANDSLIDE election win

#21

Post by Jeff B. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 pm

What is it with Progressive/Liberal/Democrats and the potty mouth?

Does it make them a "tough guy"?

Inquiring minds...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”