Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

PriestTheRunner
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#421

Post by PriestTheRunner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am

flechero wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

Beto will have an hour to him self on CNN, as Ted declined to come on CNN.
I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.
The CNN Townhall was a booby trap set for Ted. Just consider the Stoneman Douglas town hall.
Kudos to Ted for not falling for the trap. I guarantee the whole thing would have been scripted.

It is funny though that the press is trying to set this up as Ted refusing a debate. He hasn't refused any debates (though Beto has), but the way they are reporting it is as if this was going to be a debate, not a town hall.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 28
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#422

Post by Flightmare » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 am

PriestTheRunner wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am
flechero wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

Beto will have an hour to him self on CNN, as Ted declined to come on CNN.
I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.
The CNN Townhall was a booby trap set for Ted. Just consider the Stoneman Douglas town hall.
Kudos to Ted for not falling for the trap. I guarantee the whole thing would have been scripted.

It is funny though that the press is trying to set this up as Ted refusing a debate. He hasn't refused any debates (though Beto has), but the way they are reporting it is as if this was going to be a debate, not a town hall.
Technically speaking, Cruz DID back out of the 2nd scheduled debate. However that was because there was supposed to be a vote on Kavanaugh. When there was a delay because they were going to let the FBI investigate (again), the Cruz campaign contacted O'Rourke's campaign (within hours of cancelling the debate) to say that Cruz would be available after all for the scheduled debate. O'Rourke said that he had already committed to something else for that time, and did a facebook live stream from his kitchen.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 4587
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#423

Post by Jusme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 am

PriestTheRunner wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am
flechero wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

Beto will have an hour to him self on CNN, as Ted declined to come on CNN.
I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.
The CNN Townhall was a booby trap set for Ted. Just consider the Stoneman Douglas town hall.
Kudos to Ted for not falling for the trap. I guarantee the whole thing would have been scripted.

It is funny though that the press is trying to set this up as Ted refusing a debate. He hasn't refused any debates (though Beto has), but the way they are reporting it is as if this was going to be a debate, not a town hall.

:iagree:
CNN will have the entire audience, prepped, and given questions, to try try and trap Cruz, and lob softballs for O'rourke.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#424

Post by BBYC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 pm

I think Cruz will win reelection and the Senate will remain R majority.

However, I think the House will have a 20 to 30 seat D majority next year, because House Rs didn't take their meds. https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 3#p1224483
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

User avatar

Soldev
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#425

Post by Soldev » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Image

Texas License To Carry Instructor
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 44
Posts: 7040
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#426

Post by philip964 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 pm



Says a lot of capitalist things.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 44
Posts: 7040
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#427

Post by philip964 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 am

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... t-ted-cruz

Bob O'Rourke smashed all records in the amount of money he raised. More than 3 times the amount raised by Cruz. So as the campaign heads to the home stretch you will even receive more texts, facebook posts and TV commercials on the air.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 44
Posts: 7040
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#428

Post by philip964 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 am


User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 31
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#429

Post by mojo84 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am

philip964 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 am
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... t-ted-cruz

Bob O'Rourke smashed all records in the amount of money he raised. More than 3 times the amount raised by Cruz. So as the campaign heads to the home stretch you will even receive more texts, facebook posts and TV commercials on the air.
Take a look at how much has come from California and New York.

www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress ... cycle=2018

Also, take a look at how much Cruz has raised over the years and how much they have on hand. www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress ... =N00033085

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 31
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#430

Post by mojo84 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:56 am

Interesting article/blog post regarding the press on O'Rourke.

http://empowertexans.com/features/natio ... ve-affair/

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 6201
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#431

Post by Pawpaw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Sad Trombone: Curtains for Media Heartthrob 'Beto' O'Rourke in Texas?
Robert 'Beto' O'Rourke is a media darling. The press has showered him with almost as much glowing coverage as liberals across the country have showered him with donations. He's been swooned over as 'Kennedyesque,' but not for the most applicable reason. And not too long ago, a handful of polls showed him neck and neck with Sen. Ted Cruz in red Texas. Things appeared to be tight enough that national Republicans poured reinforcements into the race, hoping to highlight O'Rourke's extraordinary liberalism. He is pro-impeachment, pro-late term abortion, pro-gun control, and voted against a House resolution supporting ICE. It was a cinch, therefore, to conclude that a Senator O'Rourke would have been a Chuck Schumer loyalist by voting to block Justice Kavanaugh's confirmation. Just in case there were any doubts, 'Beto' erased them himself:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#432

Post by TreyHouston » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:01 pm

I heard on election day all you have to do is tweet # BETO and you dont even have to go to the polling station, your vote is cast by proxy. This is something new they are trying in Texas. :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3346
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#433

Post by chasfm11 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Back before I could vote, I was a supporter of JFK. When I hear "he who shall not be named" being compared to Jack Kennedy, I cannot help but remember someone else who said he was like Kennedy. And this is he response he got.



Yes, I know it was a Democrat blasting a Republican. There are no Kennedy like Democrats anywhere these days. If Kennedy were here today, he would have been drummed out of his own party.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 10763
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#434

Post by Oldgringo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 pm

We, who truly care for our spawn and the future of this nation must absolutely put down our smart phones, pro-gun messages, etc., and get off our butts and go vote!


WildRose
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#435

Post by WildRose » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:33 pm

flechero wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:13 am
bblhd672 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am
flechero wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

Beto will have an hour to him self on CNN, as Ted declined to come on CNN.
I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.
Anyone watching CNN is probably not undecided nor a Republican. If they are a Republican, why watch a "news" network known to lie and distort facts?
Not so sure...

I watch cnn when hot topics are on (like the Kavanaugh accusations) to keep abreast of the other team's arguments/accusations... I also know that LOTS of people who aren't politically active (or affiliated) watch cnn. My point though was that bo will say a number of things that won't be accurate and will get traction since no one is there to correct it. And I think he'll use some clips of it in commercials. Regardless, nothing good comes from an hour of unchecked commentary from him as I'm sure he'll lie about Ted Cruz and both of their positions on issues.
You have a much stronger stomach than I. I can tolerate the alphabet supposed "news channels" and their constant barrage of lies, half truths and completely baseless fabrications for a few minutes at a time.

TV's are expensive and I"m armed.
NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO,
TX LTC Instructor, Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”