CA: Rep suggests forceful confiscation with nukes

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

CA: Rep suggests forceful confiscation with nukes

Post by philip964 »

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CA: Rep suggests forceful confiscation with nukes

Post by Chemist45 »

Hard to determine which is greater: The arrogance or the stupidity.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

He may have used hyperbolic language but he expressed exactly how the elitist power in Washington see the people. They believe they are in charge and we the people are to be subjected to their whims. That right there is your typical Democrat and unfortunately many Republicans leaders. It is the real reason they want to eliminate the second amendment. Take away our means to resist their tyranny.

cirus

Post by cirus »

I wonder if he thought about how many of his party or people would be killed in the process? :smilelol5:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

CATI

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I believe he is so stupid and ignorant of US history. Have he ever heard of US Independence? Some farmers overthrew the Super power of its time.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Light talk of war, from either side, is pretty scary stuff.
While some are willing to put themselves at risk, but those that we love as well.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Liberty wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 am Light talk of war, from either side, is pretty scary stuff.
While some are willing to put themselves at risk, but those that we love as well.
Perhaps. But I believe that Rep. Swalwell represents the darkest side of the Democratic party. His arrogance is only thinly masked in his interviews. This one is typical. http://www.newshounds.us/watch_rep_swal ... lum_111718.

I certainly believe that the profanity laced response that he got to his Twitter based gun confiscation post is equally over the top. But I see a difference between an individual ranting at their keyboard and Swalwell's heavy-handed mind set. He and some of his colleagues seem to be looking for an issue on which they could carry out suppression again parts of the US population with which they disagree. I fear him in power more than I do some of his more vocal peers.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 am
Liberty wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 am Light talk of war, from either side, is pretty scary stuff.
Perhaps. But I believe that Rep. Swalwell represents the darkest side of the Democratic party.
I wish that's true but after the midterm elections, Stalwell is a centrist in the 2019-2020 House majority party.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Dana Loesch takes this idiot apart:
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/dem-r ... manualpost

Well done ma'am.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Gator Guy wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:54 pm
chasfm11 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 am
Perhaps. But I believe that Rep. Swalwell represents the darkest side of the Democratic party.
I wish that's true but after the midterm elections, Stalwell is a centrist in the 2019-2020 House majority party.
I would agree that he is not the worst in terms of extreme policy. The darkness that I'm referring to is his militancy toward the American people. AOC can pie in the sky all she wants about Medicare for all. Even Aunt Maxine can rail about impeachment. I fear more those with a simmering hatred for the part of the population which opposes their push toward absolute control.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rep. Swalwell sounds like Saddam Hussein, only worse, because Saddam Hussein only vaguely threatened the US with terrorist attacks, not to nuke America or his own country. And Saddam didn't have nukes.
meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (mĕg′ə-lō-mā′nē-ə, -mān′yə)
n.
1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Swalwell is an idiot. I’ve been following his blunder, and have challenged him directly on Twitter. What an elitist moron.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DEB

Post by DEB »

I don't know, he might just be right. It probably would take Nukes for the Government at the National level to remove an American's firearms of whatever type. I doubt though that the U.S. Military would use Nukes on American soil and on Americans. What the Liberals don't understand is that the majority of Service Members are very Conservative, especially at the Combat Arms level and especially those who are combat veterans.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”