John Hopkins Bloomberg School study on mass shootings

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

John Hopkins Bloomberg School study on mass shootings

Post by philip964 »

https://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-release ... tings.html

Read carefully, go way down past the headlines.

Assault weapon bans did not affect mass shootings.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: John Hopkins Bloomberg School study on mass shootings

Post by chasfm11 »

The report says that banning large capacity magazines DID have an impact on mass shootings. After I read that, I quit reading.

Pick one of the recent mass shootings. Columbine, for example, had many magazines. The size of them was inconsequential to the number of casualties. They had plenty of time to change them. The report said that Sandy Hook was not included in the FBI list. There, the shooter dropped magazines that were not empty apparently just for the joy of doing reloads. So it is hard to conclude that the magazine size had an affect on the number of deaths in that mass shooting, too. Virginia Tech, etc all had multiple magazines. In the Florida nightclub, the shooter was watching Youtube videos about how to clear a jam. Exactly how did magazine size make that one worse?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: John Hopkins Bloomberg School study on mass shootings

Post by philip964 »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:51 pm The report says that banning large capacity magazines DID have an impact on mass shootings. After I read that, I quit reading.

Pick one of the recent mass shootings. Columbine, for example, had many magazines. The size of them was inconsequential to the number of casualties. They had plenty of time to change them. The report said that Sandy Hook was not included in the FBI list. There, the shooter dropped magazines that were not empty apparently just for the joy of doing reloads. So it is hard to conclude that the magazine size had an affect on the number of deaths in that mass shooting, too. Virginia Tech, etc all had multiple magazines. In the Florida nightclub, the shooter was watching Youtube videos about how to clear a jam. Exactly how did magazine size make that one worse?
The Sandyhook shooter made sure he had a fresh magazine before he entered each classroom, so that he would not have to reload in the classroom.

It also said that licensed concealed carry did not affect mass shootings.

Unfortunately for their report, they excluded mass shootings that did not happen, when they were stopped by Licensed Concealed Carry.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”