November 4th... What are your preparations

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: November 4th... What are your preparations

Post by powerboatr »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:01 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:46 am Our insurance changed this year. One of the changes is that now we get 3 months supply of our prescriptions.
I live out in the middle of nowhere. You can't see my house from the road. I'm good on ammo, and there is enough food walking around here on four legs, or swimming in the lake, or growing out of the earth to last a lifetime. I'm short on two things, fuel and prescription medicines. I'm thinking of getting a 500 gal fuel tank. That would solve the fuel problem. My generator will run the whole house but I only keep enough fuel for a few days. But prescription drugs is almost impossible to stock up on.
our prescriptions now are limited by VA for blood pressure to a30 day supply because of shortages, so i have been reading up on how to live with them or ration them to stay safe. 2x times now i have run down to 2 days before my meds arrived.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

No real preparations.

I'll be at work that evening until 2100 and will be following the results just like 2016. Hopefully, I'll be happy on my way home again.

Either way, I'll be back at work the next day and will hopefully try and keep from smiling too much because a couple of my co-workers are die-hard liberals that hate Trump. It wouldn't surprise me at all if either or both of them called in sick if Trump wins.

It may be a bit morbid, but since I work in a hospital laboratory, Trump winning again might be good for business. Am I a horrible person for even saying that? I hope and pray it isn't true if he does win.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Hurricane prep plus

I have meds for a while because I've been planning ahead.
However...
I think all the medical issues I take meds for could be cured by losing 20 pounds. Unfortunately that is now 35 pounds because of "The Covid 15"

I still have about half of the small rifle primers I bought around November 2008. And, the same .22 LR I bought around November 2012. I do not have a enough ammo for a true Texan because I can still fit both vehicles in the garage.

For this election, I am trying to lower my expectations.
I think Trump will seem to win on election night but the dems will pull enough 'mail in' ballets from the trunks of their cars to push Biden over the top. The surprise ballets will be disputed and it's 50/50 who will win after the court battles.
If the final result is Trump wins, the Dems will claim that he stole the election for the next 4 years.
No matter what, the riots, looting, and protests will die out in a few weeks after November 3rd. Americans have had about enough of that nonsense.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

joe817

Post by joe817 »

We will probably watching the elections returns fall out. I don't know what to expect but I think it will be exciting. Planning on ordering out to Jason's Deli, maybe David's BBQ here in Arlington. In any event, it will be exciting. :patriot:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

tomneal wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:29 pm

For this election, I am trying to lower my expectations.
I think Trump will seem to win on election night but the dems will pull enough 'mail in' ballets from the trunks of their cars to push Biden over the top. The surprise ballets will be disputed and it's 50/50 who will win after the court battles.
If the final result is Trump wins, the Dems will claim that he stole the election for the next 4 years.
No matter what, the riots, looting, and protests will die out in a few weeks after November 3rd. Americans have had about enough of that nonsense.
I agree. The Democrats are already laying the ground work for trying to steal the election.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Im more concerned with the reaction when the officers charged with George Floyd's death are acquitted, which is very likely. That will/would trigger a massive social explosion beyond anything we've seen. Current trial date is March 8.
Last edited by Ruark on Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ruark

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Ruark wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:24 pm Im more concerned with the reaction when the officers charged with George Floyd's death are acquitted, which is very likely. That will/would trigger a massive social explosion beyond anything we've seen.
I agree that there is more concern for that event than for the election results. I personally believe that the election results will likely be a repeat of 2016 as far as backlash from the losing party.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ruark wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:24 pm Im more concerned with the reaction when the officers charged with George Floyd's death are acquitted, which is very likely. That will/would trigger a massive social explosion beyond anything we've seen.
Then so be it. But I don't think they will be acquitted. They will be sacrificed on the alter of politics.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”