Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by chasfm11 »

I had this show up on my Farcebook feed

I hope that it displays correctly, In the event that it doesn't, it is a comparison between Rittenhouse and Tamir Rice, 12 years old who was killed in 2014 with a replica Airsoft pistol with the orange ring on the barrel removed. The poster was saying that it is racism that one died and the other went home the night after their respective incidents and that the difference is why people march. I could not figure out why a white teenager shooting other white men was racist. This explains it. I'm fascinated by the false equivalencies that are used to justify finding racism in nearly everything.

It is an interesting mental exercise to compare the two situations.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Diesel42 »

Like most divisive, leftist memes this meme falsely alleges racism.

Tamir was shot by a policemen. A similar incident happened to the teenaged son of a lady that worked with me. She told me he made the toy look as much like a real gun as he could so he could impress his friends. His friends were wannabe gang members, and they were approached by the police. "Gun" came up and they shot him.

If Kyle Rittenhouse had raised his gun toward a policemen, he would have been shot on sight.
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 3

Post by J.R.@A&M »

AndyC1911 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:45 pm Whichever way it goes, it's a fascinating look at how any of us could be painted by a prosecutor in a SD shooting - a graphic reminder to do our best to avoid as much as humanly possible.
Yes. Fascinating, and disturbing. Even terrifying.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rafe »

Wisconsin braces for Kyle Rittenhouse trial outcome with 500 National Guard members
https://abc13.com/kyle-rittenhouse-tria ... /11235498/
That's when [following closing arguments that start Monday] the jury could begin their deliberations. The city of Kenosha has already started bracing for the outcome.

While Kenosha has not seen any protests or demonstrations as the trial has gone on, the state isn't taking any chances. Gov. Tony Evers sent in about 500 members of the Wisconsin National Guard for active duty to help local law enforcement.
More at:
https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/nationa ... a/6300103/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... se-verdict

Wisconsin Gov. Evers issued a statement that is typically politi-speak and doesn't say much: "We continue to be in close contact with our partners at the local level to ensure the state provides support and resources to help keep the Kenosha community and greater area safe. The Kenosha community has been strong, resilient, and has come together through incredibly difficult times these past two years, and that healing is still ongoing. I urge folks who are otherwise not from the area to please respect the community by reconsidering any plans to travel there and encourage those who might choose to assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights to do so safely and peacefully."

If BLM overtly threatens New York City with "riots" and "fire" and "bloodshed" if new mayor Eric Adams brings back the NYPD's anti-crime unit (from Fox 5 NY November 11), do we think that anarchists would let a good opportunity go to waste in Kenosha? We'll see next week, I suppose...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 18

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:28 pm Wisconsin braces for Kyle Rittenhouse trial outcome with 500 National Guard members
https://abc13.com/kyle-rittenhouse-tria ... /11235498/
That's when [following closing arguments that start Monday] the jury could begin their deliberations. The city of Kenosha has already started bracing for the outcome.

While Kenosha has not seen any protests or demonstrations as the trial has gone on, the state isn't taking any chances. Gov. Tony Evers sent in about 500 members of the Wisconsin National Guard for active duty to help local law enforcement.
More at:
https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/nationa ... a/6300103/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... se-verdict

Wisconsin Gov. Evers issued a statement that is typically politi-speak and doesn't say much: "We continue to be in close contact with our partners at the local level to ensure the state provides support and resources to help keep the Kenosha community and greater area safe. The Kenosha community has been strong, resilient, and has come together through incredibly difficult times these past two years, and that healing is still ongoing. I urge folks who are otherwise not from the area to please respect the community by reconsidering any plans to travel there and encourage those who might choose to assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights to do so safely and peacefully."

If BLM overtly threatens New York City with "riots" and "fire" and "bloodshed" if new mayor Eric Adams brings back the NYPD's anti-crime unit (from Fox 5 NY November 11), do we think that anarchists would let a good opportunity go to waste in Kenosha? We'll see next week, I suppose...
is the jury sequestered ? if not we know their decisions might very well be based on perceived violence if they vote NG or a mistrial.
but then again BLM and the riot clan will riot no matter the decision.
I bet the corporate riot office is already deeply embedded laying plans for this week
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Will the national guard be using hollow points?
Charlie

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BigGuy »

:shock:
TxRVer wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:37 pm Will the national guard be using hollow points?
:shock: :tiphat: "rlol"

srothstein
Posts in topic: 15

Post by srothstein »

TxRVer wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:37 pm Will the national guard be using hollow points?
They have other exploding bullets, like the ones the judge referenced.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rafe »

.50 BMG incendiaries make a noticeable statement. :tiphat:

Powerboatr asked a good question: Does anybody know if the jury is sequestered? Or did they all see the news like we did that the governor had called in the National Guard?
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Ruark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ruark »

I hope that it displays correctly, In the event that it doesn't, it is a comparison between Rittenhouse and Tamir Rice, 12 years old who was killed in 2014 with a replica Airsoft pistol with the orange ring on the barrel removed. The poster was saying that it is racism that one died and the other went home the night after their respective incidents and that the difference is why people march. I could not figure out why a white teenager shooting other white men was racist. This explains it. I'm fascinated by the false equivalencies that are used to justify finding racism in nearly everything.

I hate this media distortion crap. Tamir Rice (6' 200 lbs.) wasn't "killed for having a toy gun." He was killed of pointing an airsoft replica (indistinguishable from a real gun) at police and refusing to lower it. Sheesh. Like, go out and try that next time you see a cop and watch what happens.
airsoft.JPG
-Ruark

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Ruark wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:44 pm

I hate this media distortion crap. Tamir Rice (6' 200 lbs.) wasn't "killed for having a toy gun." He was killed of pointing an airsoft replica (indistinguishable from a real gun) at police and refusing to lower it. Sheesh. Like, go out and try that next time you see a cop and watch what happens.

airsoft.JPG
A "real" pistol and his.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

Well, everyone knows the left can't meme and has to lie. Truth and facts are their enemy:

Ron
NRA Member

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

An update. As was noted quite some time ago when the issue first came up. Rittenhouse's possession of the AR15 at age 17 was legal under WI law. The law prohibiting carrying of "dangerous weapons" by those under 18 does not apply to non-NFA long guns like his friend's AR15. An update. The judge in the trial just dismissed the gun charge today saying it didn't apply.

So:

-No he wasn't illegally carrying an AR15 that night.
-He didn't take a rifle from IL to WI that night. He borrowed a rifle from a friend.
-His friend did not straw purchase the AR15 in WI for a 17 year old IL resident. The friend bought it for himself and kept it in WI.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 18

Post by powerboatr »

been watching the jury directions from judge
I see some confusion in deliberations
but if they find him NG of highest charge they can stop or shall stop and not consider any other charges , of course prosecutor is hard over on this

on other note, if gov has called up national guard then gov is sending the message to riot . this may sound assinine but if the word is put out then they are in essence putting an ok check to riot imo
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

Jury instructions were indeed good for defendant as was dismal of gun charge.

I won't link due to forum rules on language - but one tweet I saw about closing statement of ADA so far:

This is about 2A: Binger "You lose the right to self defense when you're the one who brought the gun"

Then these two about being guilty because he wasn't there to support BLM and YouTube is suppressing independent streams and comments of closing. Big tech and MSM still out to get Rittenhouse:

Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”