Obama to use executive orders for immediate impact

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbranch
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama to use executive orders for immediate impact

Post by tbranch »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Because he didn't issue one dealing with guns and the concern expressed by many here is that Obama will target guns or ammo.
Chas,

Do you think there's a chance he will issue and EO that wil impact 2A rights?

Tom

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tbranch wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Because he didn't issue one dealing with guns and the concern expressed by many here is that Obama will target guns or ammo.
Chas,

Do you think there's a chance he will issue and EO that wil impact 2A rights?

Tom
This is hardly my area of expertise, but I don't know how he could. The only thing George H.W. Bush could do about "assault weapons" via an EO was ban the importation of foreign made rifles; he couldn't touch American made guns. He can't raise the excise tax by EO, so I don't know how he would hurt us without legislation. Plus, he would put his "blue dog" Democrats in a horrible position and perhaps undermine his own administration.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This "leak" is far more significant than many people realize. It's also evidence that Obama's lack of experience is going to be a problem for him and for the country. I sometimes (a/k/a often) find protocol to be cumbersome and inefficient, but when it comes to trust, that has nothing to do with protocol. Once you forfeit trust, your credibility is lost and you'll pay the price in terms of future working relationships.

I wish I could say I'm surprised at Obama's actions, but sadly it's in keeping with one who believes his own press releases.

Chas.
The Annoyed Man wrote:Obama has already been trying to exert his oval office influence before he's even in the office.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashbol.htm

BUSH ANGER: OBAMA AIDES LEAK CHAT DETAILS
Tue Nov 11 2008 09:28:10 ET

Just hours after President Bush and President-elect Obama met in the Oval Office of the White House, details of their confidential conversation began leaking out to the press, igniting anger from the president, sources claim.

"Senator Obama would be wise to keep close counsel," a top Bush source warned.

"BUSH AND OBAMA AT ODDS OVER AID FOR AUTO INDUSTRY," splashed the NEW YORK TIMES in an exclusive Monday evening, quoting "people familiar with the discussion."

The two met at the White House in private, without staff.

"Bush indicated at the meeting that he might support some aid and a broader economic stimulus package if Obama and congressional Democrats dropped their opposition to a free-trade agreement with Colombia," claimed the TIMES.

MORE

The ASSOCIATED PRESS quickly followed with details of the conversation, citing "aides who described the discussion on grounds of anonymity, citing the private nature of the meeting."

Bush advisers view the leaks as an effort to undermine the president's remaining days in office.

"Senator Obama may not be familiar with a long-standing tradition of presidents holding their private conversations, private," a senior adviser explained to the DRUDGE REPORT.

Developing...
If there were no aides present during the conversation, then the only way aides could have leaked the substance of the private conversation is if Obama briefed them on it. And these scumbags, under cover of "anonymity," then leak the substance to the press - the NYT in particular.

Obama has not one tiny shred of integrity, and his aides are lower than snake bellies in a wagon rut.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The part that a shnook like Obama could never understand is that, in the wake of this betrayal of confidentiality, the only reason Bush will continue to cooperate with Obama's transition team is pure love of country, and the certain knowledge that to not cooperate will be hurtful to the general interests of the citizenry. Obama, apparently, has no such integrity.

The man lacks all integrity.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The part that a shnook like Obama could never understand is that, in the wake of this betrayal of confidentiality, the only reason Bush will continue to cooperate with Obama's transition team is pure love of country, and the certain knowledge that to not cooperate will be hurtful to the general interests of the citizenry. Obama, apparently, has no such integrity.

The man lacks all integrity.
Well, I seem to recall that when President Bush moved in 8 years ago...Most of the computers being used in that facility had the "W" removed from the keyboards...

It is a sad state of affairs we are all cought up in here, and it is not going to get any better...Witha tenuous hold in the senate, we may not have much opportunity to have people stand up for us on some tough issues...

I am sure that if our Second Amendment right to keep and bear any type of arms we so choose were threatened, we would have the ability to stop this for at least the next two years...And if an attempt were made to infringe upon our right, it may fire up enough folks to make a correction in 2010...

This is really the only way to do it folks...We all know the capabilities we have, and the line in the sand is a common one some of us have...This is a publically viewed forum, and with all that I have seen, and the capabilities of investigators to find out who some of us are...Some more easy than others ;-) , we should temper our frustrations and do the things we do best, and that is to keep the issue alive and well in thought and practice...And press the ever living best we can of those legislators we know and trust to know that we have their back, as long as they have ours...

Because if I had my way, I would flush them all...Even the ones I like, and some of them know this already...

I intend to continue doing my part, and in my capacity to remind those who represent me, and some who don't, what it is all about...

Think about it this way...There are also a few issues out there besides the Second Amendment and gun control that could be just as devastating to lose as an individual as this one issue is...(I know ending a sentence with a preposition is bad grammar, but I am not much of an english major)

Remember this as well...It is good therapy to go thru a box of 50 when you get a little frustrated...Repeat as often as needed to sooth the nerves...

I will probably need another therapy session soon anyway...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

John

Post by John »

stevie_d_64 wrote: Remember this as well...It is good therapy to go thru a box of 50 when you get a little frustrated...Repeat as often as needed to sooth the nerves...
:iagree: man... that is good advice.
JohnC

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

...(I know ending a sentence with a preposition is bad grammar, but I am not much of an english major)
"That is an outrage up with which I shall not put!" - Winston Churchill, in response to someone chastising him for ending a sentence with a preposition.
Byron Dickens

couzin

Post by couzin »

stevie_d_64 wrote:This is really the only way to do it folks...We all know the capabilities we have, and the line in the sand is a common one some of us have...This is a publically viewed forum, and with all that I have seen, and the capabilities of investigators to find out who some of us are...Some more easy than others ;-) , we should temper our frustrations and do the things we do best, and that is to keep the issue alive and well in thought and practice...And press the ever living best we can of those legislators we know and trust to know that we have their back, as long as they have ours...
This forum does not even begin to rise to the level present on other forums and BBs on the net.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

couzin wrote:This forum does not even begin to rise to the level present on other forums and BBs on the net.
In what regard?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

/Begin Thread Hijack
bdickens wrote:
...(I know ending a sentence with a preposition is bad grammar, but I am not much of an english major)
"That is an outrage up with which I shall not put!" - Winston Churchill, in response to someone chastising him for ending a sentence with a preposition.

I love Sir Winston.

/End Thread Hijack
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”