Texas constitutional amendment prop. 9-pardons

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas constitutional amendment prop. 9-pardons

Post by Cobra Medic »

Oldgringo wrote:Thanks for posting this, JIM. Since the hired clown botched the liquor referendum here in Pleasantville, I've not been real interested in this election. Tomorrow is the last day of early voting and we're out of town next week. I'm voting for #1, how should I vote for the others?
Here's some info to help make up your own mind with more details than the short blurbs on the ballot.
http://www.lwvtexas.org/2011%20CAVG/201 ... nglish.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Cobra Medic wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Thanks for posting this, JIM. Since the hired clown botched the liquor referendum here in Pleasantville, I've not been real interested in this election. Tomorrow is the last day of early voting and we're out of town next week. I'm voting for #1, how should I vote for the others?
Here's some info to help make up your own mind with more details than the short blurbs on the ballot.
http://www.lwvtexas.org/2011%20CAVG/201 ... nglish.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks. The score is:

1 Yay
9 Nays

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

Proposition 9 passed by a wide margin (57%):
http://kfyo.com/2011-texas-constitution ... n-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Voter turnout was pathetic, as usual for polls that involve only constitutional amendments. (Some cities, including Houston, also had municipal elections yesterday).

- Jim

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

seamusTX wrote:Proposition 9 passed by a wide margin (57%):
http://kfyo.com/2011-texas-constitution ... n-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Voter turnout was pathetic, as usual for polls that involve only constitutional amendments. (Some cities, including Houston, also had municipal elections yesterday).

- Jim
I didn't even know there was a vote until Monday, then on Tuesday I forgot about it until after I was at work. :oops:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Dave2 wrote:
seamusTX wrote:Proposition 9 passed by a wide margin (57%):

- Jim
I didn't even know there was a vote until Monday, then on Tuesday I forgot about it until after I was at work. :oops:
I've noticed that Texas keeps its elections secret.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

I too would have forgotten to vote on election day, but it came to mind when I was at work one weekend so I stopped by one of the early voting locations which is on my way home. Didn't particularly care about the municipal elections, but I make it a point to vote against all spending/bond issues on principle (and to be contrary).
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

hirundo82 wrote:I too would have forgotten to vote on election day, but it came to mind when I was at work one weekend so I stopped by one of the early voting locations which is on my way home. Didn't particularly care about the municipal elections, but I make it a point to vote against all spending/bond issues on principle (and to be contrary).
I was surprised how many people voted to increase taxes during a long running recession until I remembered how many people don't pay property taxes, or get huge breaks in their property taxes, and don't mind spending OPM.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

tbrown wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:I too would have forgotten to vote on election day, but it came to mind when I was at work one weekend so I stopped by one of the early voting locations which is on my way home. Didn't particularly care about the municipal elections, but I make it a point to vote against all spending/bond issues on principle (and to be contrary).
I was surprised how many people voted to increase taxes during a long running recession until I remembered how many people don't pay property taxes, or get huge breaks in their property taxes, and don't mind spending OPM.
I'm not a homeowner, so that's another reason I vote against spending measures--I'm opposed to spending OPM. If I had some skin in the game, I might consider voting for one occasionally.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”