Question about OC group and Chipotle

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
2firfun50
Posts in topic: 1

Question about OC group and Chipotle

Post by 2firfun50 »

A friend of mine asked an interesting question and I didn't see it as any part of the other discussions. Since TABC shows Chipotle as as 'Gun Sign Blue", Is it possible the group members in attendance committed a felony by bringing long guns into the establishment?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question about OC group and Chipotle

Post by The Annoyed Man »

No. Blue signs are OK. Red signs are not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

2firfun50 wrote:A friend of mine asked an interesting question and I didn't see it as any part of the other discussions. Since TABC shows Chipotle as as 'Gun Sign Blue", Is it possible the group members in attendance committed a felony by bringing long guns into the establishment?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
The blue signs rerfer to the weapons listed in penal code 46.02; handguns, illegal knives and clubs.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TomsTXCHL »

2firfun50 wrote:TABC shows Chipotle as as 'Gun Sign Blue"
It's not obvious to me how you came by this, having just spent a few minutes looking at the TABC site?

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

TomsTXCHL wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:TABC shows Chipotle as as 'Gun Sign Blue"
It's not obvious to me how you came by this, having just spent a few minutes looking at the TABC site?
Just looked it up quickly on http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just put in Chipotle and got a long list

From top of the list

License #: MB472800
Processing your request. Please wait...

Trade Name: CHIPOTLE CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL CHIPOTLE BURRITOS & TACOS
Owner: CHIPOTLE TEXAS L.L.C.
Location Address: 3300 BEE CAVE ROAD SUITE 670 WEST LAKE HILLS , TX 787466663
Mailing Address:
ATTN: LICENSING
1401 WYNKOOP ST STE 500
DENVER , CO 80202

County: Travis Orig. Issue Date: 10/24/2000
Wine Percent:
Location Phone No.: 5123298600

Subordinates: PE

Related To: Gun Sign: BLUE

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

RKirkwood wrote:Just looked it up quickly on http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks--for grins I put-in Trudy's and they too have blue gun signs; tried another bar-only place and it's got a Red.

It might never have occurred to me to check the TABC website before going to a new establishment but now I know! Very cool.

Chuck Bullitt

Post by Chuck Bullitt »

Chipotle does risk losing their TABC license to sell beer by allowing long guns in their shops.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/home/press_ ... 130906.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TomsTXCHL wrote:
RKirkwood wrote:Just looked it up quickly on http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks--for grins I put-in Trudy's and they too have blue gun signs; tried another bar-only place and it's got a Red.

It might never have occurred to me to check the TABC website before going to a new establishment but now I know! Very cool.
If you have an iPhone there is now a TABC app that will let you look up locations in their database. Just search for SpiritsTexas (all one word) in the app store.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Keith B wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:

If you have an iPhone there is now a TABC app that will let you look up locations in their database. Just search for SpiritsTexas (all one word) in the app store.
That's funny cuz I did put a Bookmark to the TABC into my iPhone's Safari, but I'd have never thought to look in the Apple Store for any apps about this. Thank you.

I wonder now if there's a thread here somewhere about useful apps for us gun people...

Got it--the SpiritsTexas app from Neubus that is. There's a thread here about Tracfones (cellular telephone-only devices) which my wife and I had until a couple years ago when we took the plunge into the iPhone sea. These things have improved the quality of our lives in so many ways.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Chuck Bullitt wrote:Chipotle does risk losing their TABC license to sell beer by allowing long guns in their shops.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/home/press_ ... 130906.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you happen to know WHEN this was changed?

According to TABC in 1978 it was not an offense to carry a rifle or a shotgun, aka longarm, in an establishment that sold alcoholic beverages.

:headscratch
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Annoyed Man wrote:No. Blue signs are OK. Red signs are not.
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Chuck Bullitt wrote:Chipotle does risk losing their TABC license to sell beer by allowing long guns in theirshops.

Do you happen to know WHEN this was changed?

According to TABC in 1978 it was not an offense to carry a rifle or a shotgun, aka longarm, in an establishment that sold alcoholic beverages.

:headscratch
I forgot we were talking about long gun OC, and answered thinking it was handgun CC we were talking about. :oops:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:According to TABC in 1978 it was not an offense to carry a rifle or a shotgun, aka longarm, in an establishment that sold alcoholic beverages.
It's still not an offense for the carrier but the business can lose their license to sell alcohol.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

I can see where the confusion may be, the Blue Sign states: " The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony". Key word being "unlicensed." A person carrying a rifle is carrying an unlicensed firearm, as there is no requirement or option to license a rifle except for hunting, then it's not the firearm but the person that is being licensed to hunt. To this date, to the best of my knowledge, the only licensing to carry a firearm is for concealed handgun carry, security or LEO.

The sign does say weapon so if you carried a rock into the store and acted unfavorably you could be in trouble also. Felony for carrying a rock.

A-R

Post by A-R »

MeMelYup wrote:I can see where the confusion may be, the Blue Sign states: " The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony". Key word being "unlicensed." A person carrying a rifle is carrying an unlicensed firearm, as there is no requirement or option to license a rifle except for hunting, then it's not the firearm but the person that is being licensed to hunt. To this date, to the best of my knowledge, the only licensing to carry a firearm is for concealed handgun carry, security or LEO.

The sign does say weapon so if you carried a rock into the store and acted unfavorably you could be in trouble also. Felony for carrying a rock.
No, as jbarn stated the blue sign "weapons" only refers to those listed in Penal Code 46.02
jbarn wrote:The blue signs rerfer to the weapons listed in penal code 46.02; handguns, illegal knives and clubs.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Keith B wrote:If you have an iPhone there is now a TABC app that will let you look up locations in their database. Just search for SpiritsTexas (all one word) in the app store.
Thanks!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 78251.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you need a gift, something for your dinner party, or somewhere to take your friends from out of town, Neubus' smart phone application, aptly named Spirits Texas, can help.

Spirits Texas can help locate nearby restaurants, bars, stores and other businesses that sell alcoholic beverages. Neubus, Inc., in partnership with Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), has developed this mobile app which essentially takes all the data in TABC's on-line database (Public Inquiry), links it to an interactive map, and puts the information at your fingertips.

If you want to spend a day touring local wineries, craft brewers or distilleries, Spirits Texas can locate them for you, and even give you driving directions!

Traveling to a new city? The Spirits Texas app can help you plan ahead by finding local restaurants or bars in the area you'll be visiting.

Spirits Texas Features:

Search for Businesses – Find nearby restaurants and businesses that sell alcohol, including narrowing searches based on permit type, status (active or inactive), or business type (bar, brewery, restaurant, hotel, etc.)
Interactive Map – See basic information such as business name, address, directions from your location and street-level view of the business.
Concealed Hand Gun Permit – Know beforehand which stores and restaurants allow your concealed handgun.
Violation Listing – Identify what alcohol permit violations have occurred, including sales to minors or other violations.

Spirits Texas is available on both the iTunes App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spirits ... 21055?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and on Google Play for Android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... exas&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SOURCE Neubus, Inc.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”