Deputy Sheriff Aids ATF in Gun-Part Confiscation

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Deputy Sheriff Aids ATF in Gun-Part Confiscation

Post by eyedoc »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:30 pm
Crash wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:10 am And, if the trigger was legal when it was purchased, how can the ATF (and the Brooklyn) judge make it illegal retroactively? Shouldn't it be "grandfathered"?
Well, in exactly 16 days any of the millions of Americans who legally bought an AR-15 pistol brace and have it on a firearm--if it's still on the firearm and they haven't submitted BATFE paperwork to register it as an NFA SBR to get the appropriate permission/stamp--will technically be federal felons. No grandfathering of legal purchases. Happens as of May 1.
ATF says May 31st.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... ing-braces

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

eyedoc wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:02 am
Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:30 pm
Crash wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:10 am And, if the trigger was legal when it was purchased, how can the ATF (and the Brooklyn) judge make it illegal retroactively? Shouldn't it be "grandfathered"?
Well, in exactly 16 days any of the millions of Americans who legally bought an AR-15 pistol brace and have it on a firearm--if it's still on the firearm and they haven't submitted BATFE paperwork to register it as an NFA SBR to get the appropriate permission/stamp--will technically be federal felons. No grandfathering of legal purchases. Happens as of May 1.
ATF says May 31st.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... ing-braces
Oops. Missed it by that much. (Anybody remember Get Smart?) I started counting the 120 days as of January, but it wasn't published in the Register until January 31. So felony time is June 1. :leaving
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by eyedoc »

You scared me at first. I had to look it up to make sure.

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crash »

Just for everyone's consideration: the guy who wrote the letter to the newspaper signed his name and stated that the trigger was legal when he purchased it. I do not know if it was legal or not when he purchased it, because the writer did not state what type of trigger it was. I guess I'll just have to take him at his word. But, since he was willing to sign the letter, I choose to believe him.

As I stated in the OP, from now on I'm going to buy locally (brick-and-mortar stores) and pay cash.

Crash

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”