2nd Amendment audit of arm brace

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

2nd Amendment audit of arm brace

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I just watched this video of a fellow doing a "second amendment audit" in Oklahoma when he is confronted by police. I was curious what some opinions on this are.

https://fb.watch/4UXUmFST-E/

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2nd Amendment audit of arm brace

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:07 am I just watched this video of a fellow doing a "second amendment audit" in Oklahoma when he is confronted by police. I was curious what some opinions on this are.

https://fb.watch/4UXUmFST-E/
I have mixed feelings about video audits. In most of the ones I've seen the videographer has an agenda that includes intentionally trying to provoke and get a reaction to what they are doing. Very seldom I have seen one truly done in a genuine effort to educate those who may not know the laws and rights afforded to us citizens. I think this guy is in that catagory; he was not confrontational, complied, identified himself, explained his intentions calmly along with why it was not a rifle, etc. One remark by an officer struck me as to why these audits are done. He advised the man to sit down with LEO's before hand, but it's not his job to train the police and make sure they are up to speed on new laws and regulations. Even though he explained that his weapon was a pistol they kept mentioning "carrying a rifle" in defense of their actions with one even stating he could have easily been shot. Another was still asking about a tax stamp after he had explained it's a legal non-regulated weapon. By the looks on the faces and the remarks of the officers I don't think he educated any of them. They made no attempt to discuss the regulation he mentioned of open carry of long guns becoming legal on Nov 1. I don't believe their department has done any training on firearms regulations. He may have changed things in Tulsa, but I think all these guys will respond just the same if confronted again with a call of man with a rifle and will react exactly the same, whether it's a pistol with a brace or a long gun. I may be wrong.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”