Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues (Constitutional Carry hearings)

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 9

Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues (Constitutional Carry hearings)

Post by Vol Texan »

Texas Legislature Online

Live now: https://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&event_id=4056

Currently it's a never-ending stream of moms demanding action.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues (Constitutional Carry hearings)

Post by Flightmare »

Been watching all morning/afternoon. There was one woman in a red shirt who got very upset at one point around 2:40pm.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Vol Texan

Re: Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues (Constitutional Carry hearings)

Post by Vol Texan »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm Been watching all morning/afternoon. There was one woman in a red shirt who got very upset at one point around 2:40pm.
Yes, I saw her. She was not calm at all, and she never got her point across.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Post by J.R.@A&M »

My biennial reaction to hearing one particular Senator's pendantic commentary: [deep inhale.... SIGH]
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:11 pm
Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm Been watching all morning/afternoon. There was one woman in a red shirt who got very upset at one point around 2:40pm.
That is specifically what I have told people NOT to do. Don't let your emotions get the better of you, and don't let your message get lost in your passion. Passion has it's place, but should always be tempered by reason. Unfortunately for this woman, she will be remembered for her outburst and not what she had to say. (note: I did not agree with what she had to say, only with her right to say it)

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Maybe it's because I live in the conservative utopia of a Houston (/sarc), but I've not met many of the 81% of Texans who oppose this bill.
That MDA talking point is clearly the result of a biased push-poll.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:32 pm Maybe it's because I live in the conservative utopia of a Houston (/sarc), but I've not met many of the 81% of Texans who oppose this bill.
That MDA talking point is clearly the result of a biased push-poll.
https://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollR ... f9ed068bf6
Sponsor:
Everytown for Gun Safety
No, no bias at all </sarcasm>

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Stephen WIlleford is now up!
The hero of Sutherland Springs. He da man.

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RHenriksen »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 pm Stephen WIlleford is now up!
The hero of Sutherland Springs. He da man.
🤎
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Can absolutely anyone participate in these hearings?

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 pm Can absolutely anyone participate in these hearings?
My understanding is 'yes', we can. I don't know the process for doing so, but it seems anyone can sign up to testify.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:51 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 pm Can absolutely anyone participate in these hearings?
My understanding is 'yes', we can. I don't know the process for doing so, but it seems anyone can sign up to testify.
I just logged on to it, and caught the tail end of the lady that decided to end her testimony with a song.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:58 pm
I just logged on to it, and caught the tail end of the lady that decided to end her testimony with a song.
Not exactly the spokesperson I'd hoped for on our side, ya know?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:04 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:58 pm
Not exactly the spokesperson I'd hoped for on our side, ya know?
Yeah, she was, lets just say, unique.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jerry_r60 »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:11 pm
The Red Shirts were Mothers Demand Action shirts. She didn't help their cause. There were a few on "our side" that I don't think help our cause either.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”