Mexico sues US gun manufacturers over their problems

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Mexico sues US gun manufacturers over their problems

Post by philip964 »

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mexico sues US gun manufacturers over their problems

Post by NotRPB »

How neighborly !!
We should reciprocate by suing for all the years of drug problems and now add the South American Lambda variant they're exporting to North 'Merica

Heyyyy just an idea, but if Mexico secured the border, I imagine no North American guns would get in ... maybe they should pay for a wall .... or sumpin'
perhaps they're negligent in not building a wall & securing their border ... foreseeable that guns could get in if drugs & stuff gets out.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, IF we had a Presidential administration that wasn't anti-2A like the current one, it would be appropriate to countersue for all the drug deaths caused by drugs smuggled across the border from Mexico. Like I said, though, IF...

rmoraes

Post by rmoraes »

B”H
Mexico is a failed state trying to make some bucks for the corrupted elite. Boycott anything Mexican, even ammo.
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Perhaps they should sue Eric Holder, regarding Operation Fast and Furious. That seems to be more of the reason of guns in Mexico than just US manufacturers.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

There is no doubt in my mind that this was done at the request of the current administration. Obviously, I have no proof of anything of this nature either. But I find it interesting that they filed the case in Boston, in the district where the federal judge just allowed another law suit to proceed despite the PLCAA. They used the same claim of faulty marketing that the judge upheld as a valid exception to the PLCAA.

And I think it was done as payback for holding up the nomination of Chipman for the ATF position. That looks less likely for even the Democrats to back everyday.

And I like the idea of suing Mexico over the drug problem, using the logic of the government failing to control it. I wonder if we could talk Paxton into suing for $10 Billion just for the damages in Texas. He could get quite a few other AGs to file similar suits for their states. We know the feds would never do it.
Steve Rothstein

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm There is no doubt in my mind that this was done at the request of the current administration. Obviously, I have no proof of anything of this nature either. But I find it interesting that they filed the case in Boston, in the district where the federal judge just allowed another law suit to proceed despite the PLCAA. They used the same claim of faulty marketing that the judge upheld as a valid exception to the PLCAA.

And I think it was done as payback for holding up the nomination of Chipman for the ATF position. That looks less likely for even the Democrats to back everyday.

And I like the idea of suing Mexico over the drug problem, using the logic of the government failing to control it. I wonder if we could talk Paxton into suing for $10 Billion just for the damages in Texas. He could get quite a few other AGs to file similar suits for their states. We know the feds would never do it.
This exactly. I bet the Biden admin gave their go-ahead for this directly, may have even asked for it. I am also sure that the Giffords group et all are involved in this as well. It's all a ploy to get around the PLCAA
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 pm Perhaps they should sue Eric Holder, regarding Operation Fast and Furious. That seems to be more of the reason of guns in Mexico than just US manufacturers.
srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm

:iagree: :tiphat:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

How about suing Mexico for maintenance of illegals crossing the border, food, lodging, medical expenses etc.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:02 am How about suing Mexico for maintenance of illegals crossing the border, food, lodging, medical expenses etc.
That is Biden's fault more than Mexico. Mexico agreed with Bush to hold them on their side of the border pending asylum hearings and such. And I think we are already suing him and/or being sued by him on this.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”