Shooting in Arlington School

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shooting in Arlington School

Post by aaangel »

i saw the video of the fight :shock: tough to watch ! next time i hear people say, he was just a teenager 15 yrs old choir boy, should watch this video.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 5

Post by madwildcat »

aaangel wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:55 pm i saw the video of the fight :shock: tough to watch ! next time i hear people say, he was just a teenager 15 yrs old choir boy, should watch this video.
Is the video still up anywhere? The one or two links I can find look like it got taken down.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

looks like they took it down everywhere.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

My wife said she's seen the video and says someone came into the classroom and appeared to have broken up the fight. The shooter left the classroom, retrieved the gun from his locker, then returned to the classroom to shoot. If that is all true then his self defense claims are out the window.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Shooter released on $75,000 bond. Ridiculous!
Per the punk's lawyer:
“There are numerous school shootings that have occurred across this country which are tragic. All school shootings are tragic,” the lawyer said. “However, in this situation, this was not someone who was just out to go and shoot a school and had made up their mind [and said,] ‘You know hey I’m upset and I’m just going to shoot anyone I see.’”
No? Well, he purposefully brought a gun to school and retrieved it to wildly shoot people.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/alleged- ... =position1
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

According to the latest reports, only two people were shot and two others were injured in other ways. It's just my opinion but I think he was a terrible shot and was just trying to shoot the kid he calls a bully. Several shots hit the kid and one hit a bystander. That makes it a non mass shooting.

Also, reports say he got the gun out of a backpack after the fight was broken up. That makes it attempted murder, not self-defense.
Charlie

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The adult shooter in this case is going to have a hard time proving self defense if it's true that he left the scene, retrieved the gun, then returned to shoot 3 people. Even if he had pulled the gun while the fight was in progress, he'd have to rely on a disparity of force argument. That didn't work so well for Zimmerman, among others. But leaving the scene to retrieve the gun pretty much kills any self-defense argument, I believe.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Here's at least part of video of fight that hasn't been taken down yet:

Ron
NRA Member

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 5

Post by madwildcat »

So after watching that video and seeing the mugshots, I am starting to wonder about the story we are being told. That sure looks like the one doing the beating is the guy that came in and shot them later (hair style, height, tone). Could be wrong. Anyone else wondering about this?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

madwildcat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:24 pm So after watching that video and seeing the mugshots, I am starting to wonder about the story we are being told. That sure looks like the one doing the beating is the guy that came in and shot them later (hair style, height, tone). Could be wrong. Anyone else wondering about this?
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the kid losing the fight was the shooter. They all have that same "buckwheat" hairdoo.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:18 pm The adult shooter in this case is going to have a hard time proving self defense if it's true that he left the scene, retrieved the gun, then returned to shoot 3 people. Even if he had pulled the gun while the fight was in progress, he'd have to rely on a disparity of force argument. That didn't work so well for Zimmerman, among others. But leaving the scene to retrieve the gun pretty much kills any self-defense argument, I believe.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
It kind of did work for Zimmerman, as he was acquitted, though the situations were completely different.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

rtschl wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:21 pm Here's at least part of video of fight that hasn't been taken down yet:

I know we didn't see the start, but what was there looked like more of a beatdown than a fight. Still doesn't justify the shooting after the fact.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Does anyone know anything about the discipline structure in the school. I have not seen or heard if either were ever disciplined.
It has been my experience over the years that fights like what is on video are never the 1st time but an example of a pattern.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

Where was the teacher during all this? When I was in high school stuff like that took place before or after school, fight were rarely during school and never in a class room! High school my junior year had on guy that would not leave me alone, after talking to some of my running buddies seems he had a pattern and picked on all of us at different times, so 4 of us cornered him in a stairwell and told him the next we'll all beat you down, after that no problems with him!
Oh and most of us had a rifle or shotgun in our cars or trucks, never occurred to us to shoot anybody
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964

Post by philip964 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:35 pm Where was the teacher during all this? When I was in high school stuff like that took place before or after school, fight were rarely during school and never in a class room! High school my junior year had on guy that would not leave me alone, after talking to some of my running buddies seems he had a pattern and picked on all of us at different times, so 4 of us cornered him in a stairwell and told him the next we'll all beat you down, after that no problems with him!
Oh and most of us had a rifle or shotgun in our cars or trucks, never occurred to us to shoot anybody
Bad kids are not expelled anymore. Administrators feel if they are expelled they will be criminals in the future. They don’t realize expelled or not they become criminals anyway.

There is no respect for teachers by these hood rats. Had the classroom teacher tried to stop the fight ( I believe a female ) she most likely would have been beaten up as well.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”