Shooting in Arlington School

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Shooting in Arlington School

Post by crazy2medic »

This has no details yet just heard it on the news High School in lock down, victims going to Hospital, Shooter still on scene!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shooting in Arlington School

Post by Grayling813 »

Reports say that one student shot multiple people and fled the campus. Police apparently know identity of the shooter.

Appears that the students are about to be evacuated to the reunification site.

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

So I wonder what his reason is? Wonder if he'll claim he was bullied, or if he wanted to be infamous or some other inane reason! Wonder if he was a problem child like so many other school shooters
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Stories I read say it was part of a fight that had broken out involving multiple students.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:47 pm So I wonder what his reason is? Wonder if he'll claim he was bullied, or if he wanted to be infamous or some other inane reason! Wonder if he was a problem child like so many other school shooters
I just read his mother claims he was being bullied.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educati ... bew2eDyZxo
Simpkins’ mother told reporters he was bullied. She declined further comment. A social media video circulating appears to show someone who looks like Simpkins in a fight at the school, but police said they can’t verify that it is from the school yet.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The candid photos I've seen show that Simpkins looks to be a drug dealer (jar of pot and pistol next to it in his car door, etc). This is the only one that is forum appropriate:
simkins.jpg
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Wow!!! Arlington HS Shooter walks out on 75k bond less than 24 hours after arrest. Reports states he shot the "bully" seven times!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... brawl.html

Timothy George Simpkins, 18, was released on bond on Thursday after a bondsman paid his $75k bail
He pulled a gun from his backpack on Wednesday at Timberview High School shortly after 9am
Video taken minutes earlier shows him being beaten up by another boy in his classroom
His family says he was being 'bullied' because he has nice things and was constantly picked on
Witnesses told police that Simpkins shot the 'bully' seven or eight times before shooting a teacher and fleeing
He fled campus then turned himself in to cops on Wednesday afternoon along with his attorney
Police won't say where the gun came from, who it is registered to or how he was able to get it into school
The school does not have metal detectors like many other schools
The teenager who was shot has not been named; he remains in the hospital
Another teenager suffered a grazer wound and 25-year-old teacher Calvin Pettitt was shot in the back
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 5

Post by madwildcat »

Anyone else notice this has barely been in the news? Wonder why :roll:

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

madwildcat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:27 pm Anyone else notice this has barely been in the news? Wonder why :roll:
It's all over the local (DFW) news.
Charlie

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Same here south of Waco. One of the lead stories tonight. Also that kid is now out on bail and claiming self-defense and that he was bullied.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

I meant national, my bad. Good to hear it was on the local.

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

This will be an interesting legal case if the bullying part is true. It does seem that he just got pummeled by the other kid--although who knows who started it...the kid with the gun may have been feeling extra confident. A judge/jury (and even the charges brought) could be a little more lenient if there were facts that show this shooter under threat or just attacked. Even with a fight "broken up" the threat could remain. They weren't worried about fighting in class before.

All that said, a the system should not look past firing at the teacher (who just barely had stepped into protect the shooter). That one will be hard to attempt to justify.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

AF-Odin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:39 pm Same here south of Waco. One of the lead stories tonight. Also that kid is now out on bail and claiming self-defense and that he was bullied.
Good luck to him with that defense. Personally, I hate a bully. Every fist fight I ever had in my school days was with a bully. Once I stood up to them they would find an easier target. It never crossed my mind to shoot them...or any other lethal action. Kids have seriously lost their way.

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

Saw somewhere that the bail was 75K, which seems a little low. Does anyone with a little more knowledge on this know if that is normal for something like this?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Its hard to deal with bullying, especially high school kids. It can be so subtle, so obscure, most of the time you won't even know it's happening. I was bullied relentlessly when I was in high school back in the sixties because I wore a hearing aid and I was hard of hearing. But the adults didn't pay attention: to them it was just, you know, "boys will be boys." One coach told me it was my fault because I "didn't stick up for myself." I knew one kid, very small and frail, but a straight A student, whose front teeth were knocked out in the restroom. There was nothing they could do; He was afraid to point a finger (of course), and none of the other kids would "tattle." I knew another kid whose pants were pulled off and tossed onto the roof during lunch. Staff nearby just laughed; "those silly kids...."

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those boys had thoughts of getting an AR and just mowing down their tormentors.

If an adult did something like this, he'd go to jail for assault, but if it's kids, it's somehow "OK."
-Ruark

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”