Liberals and the Ignorant

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Liberals and the Ignorant

Post by chasfm11 »

BigGuy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:22 am
Ed4032 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:59 am To be a liberal you must be first either stupid or insane. That’s the only way that I am able to understand their actions.
I know several "progressive" folks who are neither stupid or insane. They were, unfortunately, indoctrinated with a false wold history and set of morals. They make rational decisions, based on the data available to them. Unfortunately that data set includes a racist, imperial America. A definition of racism that is basically racist = caucasian. They've been taught that the purpose of government is to insure their security, comfort, and prosperity. They have been taught by the adults and professional educators that equality is equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity.

While they are the current problem, the true cause of the disaster the country is becoming started back in the 1960s. The people destroying the country today are the product of those teachings. With better parents, teachers, and civil norms in their formative years, they would likey be very different people, and this would likely be a different country.
I have a different viewpoint. I agree that the education is horrible but would point to the number of Trump supporters that can be found in the high school ranks. There are more of them than are willing to make their feelings known in public. So the schools are not the only thing to blame. I submit that you cannot make the case for racism = caucasian and factor in the U.S. Civil War. Reduced to its lowest terms, it was whites fighting whites to free blacks. Regardless of what the history teacher says, there is no way that the Civil War was whites versus blacks with the blacks winning. To assume universal white racism, this is the only way that it could have been.

I submit that the base problem is the denial of reality. Some people do it because the government says so. Some people deny reality because they are lazy and don't that burden themselves with having to think. The Liberal propaganda is pervasive and unending. And yet there are wide swaths of the country that have managed to overcome it. I've listened to a lot of the "cross over" Liberals who have been interviewed on Fox News. They all came to the thinking that they have today when they stopped denying reality. Those who tout their intelligence and remain die-hard Liberal/Progressives are either power hungry and use their beliefs to further their power aims or they work overtime at denying reality. You cannot have gone through the Covid debacle with any rational thinking and conclude that the Liberals in charge were 100% correct. Once you accept that any part of it was distorted, it is a short walk to accept that almost all of it was distorted.

Edited to add Jane's Revenge. Regardless of one's politics on Roe v Wade, the Jane's Revenge group operates on principal that they can do whatever they want and the moral code of their victims will prevent response. If you read the Jane's Revenge propaganda, it is disgusting. it is meant to convince others that they will die or be destroyed if those others don't cowtow to Jane's demands. One broadside that I read said that it was already too late - that opponents had already been given the opportunity to comply and now they would suffer the consequences of their non-compliance. No person who accepts reality can imagine such behavior going unchallenged, legally or otherwise.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Liberals and the Ignorant

Post by BigGuy »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:57 am
BigGuy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:22 am
Ed4032 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:59 am To be a liberal you must be first either stupid or insane. That’s the only way that I am able to understand their actions.
I know several "progressive" folks who are neither stupid or insane. They were, unfortunately, indoctrinated with a false wold history and set of morals. They make rational decisions, based on the data available to them. Unfortunately that data set includes a racist, imperial America. A definition of racism that is basically racist = caucasian. They've been taught that the purpose of government is to insure their security, comfort, and prosperity. They have been taught by the adults and professional educators that equality is equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity.

While they are the current problem, the true cause of the disaster the country is becoming started back in the 1960s. The people destroying the country today are the product of those teachings. With better parents, teachers, and civil norms in their formative years, they would likey be very different people, and this would likely be a different country.
I have a different viewpoint. I agree that the education is horrible but would point to the number of Trump supporters that can be found in the high school ranks. There are more of them than are willing to make their feelings known in public. So the schools are not the only thing to blame. I submit that you cannot make the case for racism = caucasian and factor in the U.S. Civil War. Reduced to its lowest terms, it was whites fighting whites to free blacks. Regardless of what the history teacher says, there is no way that the Civil War was whites versus blacks with the blacks winning. To assume universal white racism, this is the only way that it could have been.

I submit that the base problem is the denial of reality. Some people do it because the government says so. Some people deny reality because they are lazy and don't that burden themselves with having to think. The Liberal propaganda is pervasive and unending. And yet there are wide swaths of the country that have managed to overcome it. I've listened to a lot of the "cross over" Liberals who have been interviewed on Fox News. They all came to the thinking that they have today when they stopped denying reality. Those who tout their intelligence and remain die-hard Liberal/Progressives are either power hungry and use their beliefs to further their power aims or they work overtime at denying reality. You cannot have gone through the Covid debacle with any rational thinking and conclude that the Liberals in charge of were 100% correct. Once you accept that any part of it was distorted, it is a short walk to accept that almost all of it was distorted.
You make a lot of sense, and in some ways, I'm an example of what you mention. When I first joined this board, I was pretty "Progressive." I worked for a newspaper and was constantly immersed in the MSM narrative. Joining this and a couple of other forms as well as watching news sources outside of the MSM, I began to see the cracks in my world view. As you say:
"Once you accept that any part of it was distorted, it is a short walk to accept that almost all of it was distorted."

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”