UPS Refusing Shipments from Brownell's and Ghost Guns

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

UPS Refusing Shipments from Brownell's and Ghost Guns

Post by Excaliber »

Another "private company" is executing the Biden regime's agenda.

Details here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

G.A. Heath

Re: UPS Refusing Shipments from Brownell's and Ghost Guns

Post by G.A. Heath »

While I am not a lawyer, I suspect that if UPS actually seizes and destroys a package tendered to them that there will be major ramifications.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

If I was a trial attorney, I think this would be a case I could make some money on.

Wouldn’t it be like refusing to ship Korans to Muslims or Bibles to Christians.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:46 pm If I was a trial attorney, I think this would be a case I could make some money on.

Wouldn’t it be like refusing to ship Korans to Muslims or Bibles to Christians.
Or a private carrier refusing to ship condoms...

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Perhaps they should ban shipment of abortifacients.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Guess I'll start shopping by who they use for shipping first from now on.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

If a shipping company take the item you ordered, how is that Not Theft?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:55 am If a shipping company take the item you ordered, how is that Not Theft?
It clearly is theft.

I suspect it is also a violation of what makes a common carrier a common carrier.

See common carrier regulations on preferences here.

Of course that may not mean much under Mister Mom's administration of the transportation department and Garland's selective prosecution policies where only wrongdoers get protection.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Excaliber wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 am
crazy2medic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:55 am If a shipping company take the item you ordered, how is that Not Theft?
It clearly is theft.
On Twitter, when this story first broke, someone told me that it had actually happened to him, and he didn’t get the package until 2 weeks after it was shipped. Turns out that a woke UPS employee, thinking that it was a box of ammo, had taken the package home and soaked it in a bucket of water for a week before bringing it back and reinserting it into the shipping stream. It was a box of special screws for some antique rifles. Don’t know what happened to the employee…likely nothing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

So long as they credit or return the item to the shipper (their customer, not you), it's perfectly fine. Remember, when you order a product, YOU are not the shipping company's customer, the shipper is.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:37 am
Excaliber wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 am
It clearly is theft.
On Twitter, when this story first broke, someone told me that it had actually happened to him, and he didn’t get the package until 2 weeks after it was shipped. Turns out that a woke UPS employee, thinking that it was a box of ammo, had taken the package home and soaked it in a bucket of water for a week before bringing it back and reinserting it into the shipping stream. It was a box of special screws for some antique rifles. Don’t know what happened to the employee…likely nothing.
The employee thought it was a box of ammo? UPS is one of only two carriers that permit the shipment of ammo. There are special rules on labeling and the package can only be picked up from your home by the driver(at additional charge) or you have to take it to an actual UPS shipping facility, (not a ups store). I sold approximately 30K rounds of, .223 and 5.62x39, ammo between November last year and March this year. All shipped via UPS. All was delivered. All plainly stated "Wolf Ammo" on the box. Any employee at UPS that saw the box would have no doubt it is ammo. If an employee took it upon themselves to take a package home, it would be a felony. No?
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

03Lightningrocks

As usual, I find myself "out dated". I thought selling any firearm to someone from another state required an FFL do the transfer. Maybe I am not up to speed on what exactly is a "ghost gun"? I had no idea I could purchase a complete "gun" with no serial number anywhere on the "gun".

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 am As usual, I find myself "out dated". I thought selling any firearm to someone from another state required an FFL do the transfer. Maybe I am not up to speed on what exactly is a "ghost gun"? I had no idea I could purchase a complete "gun" with no serial number anywhere on the "gun".
You can't. They are referencing chunks of polymer and/or metal that have some pieces cut out of them. People use these raw materials to manufacture things, including firearms.

03Lightningrocks

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 am As usual, I find myself "out dated". I thought selling any firearm to someone from another state required an FFL do the transfer. Maybe I am not up to speed on what exactly is a "ghost gun"? I had no idea I could purchase a complete "gun" with no serial number anywhere on the "gun".
You can't. They are referencing chunks of polymer and/or metal that have some pieces cut out of them. People use these raw materials to manufacture things, including firearms.
Sounds like there are certain folks using the term "ghost guns" to create a "boogie man under the bed" type argument.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:15 am
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 am
Sounds like there are certain folks using the term "ghost guns" to create a "boogie man under the bed" type argument.
It's a lower or frame that is up to 80% completed. You complete the milling and add all the assorted pieces. Once completed you cannot sell or transfer it because of the lack of a serial number.

According to certain people all it takes to finish is a multitool and every gangsta has one or several.

https://www.80-lower.com/80-percent-lower/
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”