Guy Makes $21,000 With Plastic Junk at Gun Buyback

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Guy Makes $21,000 With Plastic Junk at Gun Buyback

Post by Excaliber »

An enterprising fellow made up 110 3D printed receivers of various types and took them to a gun "buyback" event in Utica, NY. After all day negotiations with red faced officials, he walked away with $21,000 in gift cards in exchange for 42 of his "products."

The best part was that he collected an extra $100 on each one because they didn't have serial numbers.

Details here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Paladin

Re: Guy Makes $21,000 With Plastic Junk at Gun Buyback

Post by Paladin »

Finally a story that warms my heart! :cheers2:
“Nobody thought this through. If you look at the flyer, it is just the gravest thing that Letitia James could have done.
Letitia got owned!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

mayor

Post by mayor »

From the article:
the office said: “It’s shameful that this individual exploited a program that has successfully taken thousands of guns off the streets … one individual’s greedy behavior won’t tarnish our work to promote public safety. We have adjusted our policies to ensure that no one can exploit this program again.
uh huh.
They just can't believe they're not the smartest in the room.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

mayor wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:36 am From the article:
the office said: “It’s shameful that this individual exploited a program that has successfully taken thousands of guns off the streets … one individual’s greedy behavior won’t tarnish our work to promote public safety. We have adjusted our policies to ensure that no one can exploit this program again.
uh huh.
They just can't believe they're not the smartest in the room.
I would make him fire it a few times to prove it’s a real gun.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The only mistake this guy made was going to the media to brag about what he did. Now buy back programs everywhere will be more closely scrutinizing "turn in guns."

I give him an A+ for clever thinking...but a F for failing to "shut up". NY now has a path to charge him with fraud.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”