Freedom's Extinction

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Freedom's Extinction

Post by Grayling813 »

Freedom's Extinction
By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano
https://www.creators.com/read/judge-nap ... extinction

Excerpt:
"Freedom is always just one generation away from extinction."

— Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

In December 1776, just six months after the Declaration of Independence had been signed and a year and a half into the Revolutionary War, Thomas Paine sensed a desperation throughout the colonies. It prompted him to write a candid and now iconic essay entitled "The American Crisis," which began with the famous line "These are the times that try men's souls." He made a similar argument as Ronald Reagan would 188 years later.

The essence of that argument is that our personal liberties are fragile. Since government is essentially the negation of liberty, government is liberty's greatest threat. So, we must exercise our freedoms with prudence and courage. We must also do so skeptical of what the government says and does.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Freedom's Extinction

Post by Paladin »

Not just freedom's extinction... but they are working really hard to start WW3: Nord Stream Sabotage Was CIA, US Navy Covert Op: Seymour Hersh Bombshell Prompts White House Response

I wish I was exaggerating.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Freedom's Extinction

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:05 am Not just freedom's extinction... but they are working really hard to start WW3: Nord Stream Sabotage Was CIA, US Navy Covert Op: Seymour Hersh Bombshell Prompts White House Response

I wish I was exaggerating.
Yes, I read Hersh's article yesterday.
The White House:
The White House said on Wednesday that a blog post by a U.S. investigative journalist alleging the United States was behind explosions of the Nord Stream pipelines "is utterly false and complete fiction."
Note, they didn't deny blowing up the pipeline, just said that the blog post is false. So, that means they did it in a different manner.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”