FBI and DOD operators raid wrong room in boston

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

FBI and DOD operators raid wrong room in boston

Post by powerboatr »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/delta-pi ... hotel-room

i would get banned if i let fly my deep feelings

BUT what the wholly taco truck is wrong with people

so if the FBI agent training broke into the room un announced and got SHOT dead by innocent person
news would be all over screaming ban guns, because well ...you know

good thing, is the person they (SCARRED TO DEATH) was a pilot so chances were darn good he was unarmed. and boston being the mecca of law abiding citizens...the odds of another room the person might have been locked and loaded and BOOM

he should sue the pants off the entire bunch of idiots
were the FBI going to waterboard the unsuspecting pilot ? stuffed, cuffed and stuck i a shower OMG
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FBI and DOD operators raid wrong room in boston

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Why were DOD personnel involved with FBI? What of the Posse Comitatus Act?

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:04 pm Why were DOD personnel involved with FBI? What of the Posse Comitatus Act?
:iagree: This question is the most important thing that must be answered. Why is the FBI training the military on conducting domestic raids?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-detai ... 75504.html

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:17 pm
wheelgun1958 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:04 pm Why were DOD personnel involved with FBI? What of the Posse Comitatus Act?
:iagree: This question is the most important thing that must be answered. Why is the FBI training the military on conducting domestic raids?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-detai ... 75504.html
It may not be training for a domestic raid, but the DOD does this kind of raid in many places around the world, especially the Special Operations Command that the article said was involved in this. And it makes sense to use a real hotel for training in a raid for other hotels. While the layout might be different, hotels are very similar around the world now. The real question is why use the FBI for a training source as opposed to a local PD SWAT team that does these raids much more regularly (not that I like the overuse of SWAT teams in the US, but it does give them experience at this).

Wheelgun1958, posse comitatus is not in play in the case of training. It makes the use of the military illegal for domestic law enforcement purposes, but has so many loopholes in it (as with most federal laws) that it is almost unusable. Look at the military being involved in Waco as one example.

And I bet the actual soldiers involved took one real lesson from this, whether the higher administrators got it or not. They learned that you cannot rust the FBI for accurate information and planning any more than you can trust military intelligence.
Steve Rothstein

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

One of the worse case scenarios I worry about is LEO kicking my door by mistake. I know for a fact I am not wanted or have done anything that would warrant a raid. You can buy a FBI hat at 7-11 and windbreaker at Walmart. I am going to defend my family and myself. The end will not be pretty at all.

To be honest I think the no-knock stuff needs to be seriously limited.

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

what keeps getting my dander up is just a few things

fbi/dod training people had to use a KEY or KEY CARD to gain access to room...they did not by the account knock down the door. I cant imagine a hotel would welcome a door breakdown training to be held on their property. but they may?

so someone knew the right door number, yet no body checked when clerk or someone gave them the access device

then the odds of an off duty pilot, (sleeping to be rested for his/her next day of flying) being armed is very very slim

if these training people had illegally accessed another persons room and that person was armed and being in the safe zone of boston ..probably slept with a pistol near

so dod/fbi people could have been shot. or shoot the innocent person that was not part of the training event.
they ...by accounts cuffed the pilot, dragged him to the shower..i guess to waterboard him? before someone figured out OOOOPPPS

then i ask..were the fbi/dod folks carrying firearms with blanks or live ammo in the weapons they carried/
if innocent guy had opened fire or at least pulled a pistol to try to defend or stop the intruders...would he have been SHOT or what?

in another article it was mentioned boston pd arrived to figure out what the heck had transpired... boston pd should have arrested the fbi/dod trainers for attempted unlawful detainment or breaking and entering or even assault on the pilot????
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:37 am what keeps getting my dander up is just a few things

fbi/dod training people had to use a KEY or KEY CARD to gain access to room...they did not by the account knock down the door. I cant imagine a hotel would welcome a door breakdown training to be held on their property. but they may?
I have had the blessing in getting to spend some nights in higher end hotels. I have noticed that the house will carry one card from room to room. My guess is there is a master key (card) and so the FBI most likely had one.

I agree what a dumb stunt to pull tactical practice with innocents in the same hotel. At least they could block off floor beneath and above. It is hard to figure out everything I guess. I am glad I am out of that kind of life now. It has been decades since I have kicked a door as a LEO.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”