Ammunition Bans

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Ammunition Bans

Post by anygunanywhere »

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ammunition Bans

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Notice where they are proposing to put the micro stamping? Exactly where it will likely get burned off when the cartridge is fired. Shshshshshshshsh! Don't tell them! All the same those folks are dangerous to our freedoms. If it comes to that, I'll start carrying hand loads and take the risk.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

FlynJay

Post by FlynJay »

You may also notice that most of that the bills hves already died in their respective legislatures.
IANAL, what I write should not be taken as Legal Advice.
"Why I may disagree with what you say, I’ll fight to the death your right to say it."

atxgun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by atxgun »

The couple I read didn't seem to directly forbid loading your own.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

atxgun wrote:The couple I read didn't seem to directly forbid loading your own.
Correct, but that is not the answer. Ammunition is just as much protected by the second amendment as any firearm and we need to make this known.

Besides, what makes you think they will stop with manufactured ammo? No powder, primers, no ammo.

The antis are not stupid.

This is just an end run around gun bans.

No ammo, no guns.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

atxgun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by atxgun »

Anygun: Don't get me wrong, I definitely see this as an attempt to effectively ban guns. They would love to have Chris Rock's solution: "I think bullets should cost 5 thousand dollars" (that's about the only quote from the bit I'm able to post on here).

I totally agree they'd love to move on from there to primers, powder, etc.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if that's there plan if these laws were to come into effect. "Well someone can just go to the range and pick up someone else's brass, so we *need* to ban sales on reloading equipment."

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Like has been posted here.....there is nothing off the table. Everything is fair game. Maobama the magnificant will ruule with an iron fist.

Anygunanywhere

raccol

Post by raccol »

anygunanywhere wrote:
atxgun wrote:This is just an end run around gun bans.

No ammo, no guns.

Anygunanywhere
Agreed. They want out guns to be nothing more than expensive clubs.
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" Doug Patton

"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

http://blowoutcongress.com/

mr.72

Post by mr.72 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Ammunition is just as much protected by the second amendment as any firearm and we need to make this known.
Well, military firearms are just as protected as any firearm.

Tanks are just as protected as military firearms.

Fighter jets are just as protected as tanks.

Missiles are just as protected as fighter jets.

Nuclear weapons are just as protected as missiles.

We're already very near the bottom of the slippery slope. We just moved the sign that says "peak" down to base camp.

Since the rights of government are conferred from the people, then it is flatly unconstitutional for the standing military or government to own any arms that are not first allowed to the people. The fact that I cannot go buy an M16 or any other military arms just like any other weapon in itself undermines the very intent of the RKBA at its core.

Edited to avoid an outright thread hijack:

The point is that the banning or virtual ban of ammunition, when we have already been deprived of virtually all arms that would be relevant for "a well-regulated militia", is hardly a major point of inflection. It's just another small step.
non-conformist CHL holder

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”