City Facilities off Limits?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KRM45
Posts in topic: 1

City Facilities off Limits?

Post by KRM45 »

After this I am sure people will want to revisit the issue of government buildings being off limits. I doubt this guy was a CHL holder, but that doesn't matter in their minds.

People were lucky this guy didin't want to take a few with him. I happen to know that this city prohibits employees from having weapons on the premisis, including in a vehicle in the parking lot.
COPPELL

Man thought to have shot self at City Hall

A 65-year-old Coppell man is believed to have fatally shot himself in a bathroom at Coppell City Hall on Thursday, city officials said.

City employees heard a loud noise around 4:30 p.m. but did not know the cause. About 10 minutes later, a city employee entered a men's restroom on the first floor and found the body of a man with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Police later identified the man as William Carlton Clark. City officials said they did not know why Clark was at City Hall.

He had a previous run-in with the city four years ago. According to city officials, police responded to Clark's home in 2005 after he barricaded himself inside. Police eventually entered the house and took him to Parkland Memorial Hospital for psychiatric evaluation, a police report says.

Brandon Formby

ninjamedic2293
Posts in topic: 1

Re: City Facilities off Limits?

Post by ninjamedic2293 »

Ill say it again if public entities cannot legally prohibit CHL holders from carrying on public property how should they still be allowed to prevent their employees from doing so? Public Employer is a different animal than a private employer. I would love to see legislation next session to allow public employees to carry at work just like the current parking loit bill does for cars. I understand private employers are different, and I wouldnt support forcing a private bussiness to allow concealed carry.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”