About isms

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

About isms

Post by Liberty »

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4uYt7K7udXI[/youtube]
I think this was made in the late 40s might be more relevant today though
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: About isms

Post by seamusTX »

At time marker 7:04, the short guy with the umbrella says, "This is what the capitalistic system did in only 160 years."

The only period that I can fit in there is 160 years from the ratification of the Constitution in 1788, which would put the video at 1948.

At some point the guy refers to the Depression in the past, so it pretty much had to be after 1945.

The flag appears a couple of times with 48 stars, so it's earlier than 1959.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

phoneguy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by phoneguy »

seamusTX wrote:At time marker 7:04, the short guy with the umbrella says, "This is what the capitalistic system did in only 160 years."

The only period that I can fit in there is 160 years from the ratification of the Constitution in 1788, which would put the video at 1948.

At some point the guy refers to the Depression in the past, so it pretty much had to be after 1945.

The flag appears a couple of times with 48 stars, so it's earlier than 1959.

- Jim
You are correct, 25 February 1948, per IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151467/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

That was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon, according to IMDB. They were the creators of Yogi Bear, the Flintstones, the Jetsons, and many other characters.

I'm guessing this was a short that was shown in movie theaters between films. There were few other venues for film at that time. Few people had TV sets.

- Jim

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”