Are you hoarding ammo???

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are you hoarding ammo???

Post by Lodge2004 »

Hoarding, like most things, will be defined a little different for each person. Many years ago, I started purchasing ammo like stocks...a little at a time and betting on dollar cost averaging. Grabbing a box when you visit the grocery store, whether you need it or not, can amass quite a lot over time if you are not shooting much. I've always looked at is as more of a hedge fund to supplement cash in a crisis than a basic load for my firearms. It's been frustrating these last 6 months or so as the supplies have dwindled to nothing because it feels wierd to go home without at least one box of something (9mm/.223/.380 etc...).

Bob Landry

Post by Bob Landry »

Around 8K rounds in various calibers, rifle & handgun, plus enough components to load another 60K. I'm just loading , boxing and storing. I should have an order from Powder Valley any day.. The guys who are complaining about the ammo shortage had several months to see this coming just like those of us who have been buying.. Like the day Hussein announced his candidacy..
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Yes, I do believe things will calm down, before the big bang occurs... ;-)
More like the big BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! :fire
"hic sunt dracones"

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Captain Matt wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:Yes, I do believe things will calm down, before the big bang occurs... ;-)
More like the big BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! :fire
10 rounds...How prophetic... :smilelol5:

;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I had some bullets, but they all sank in the boating accident. :skep:

portsider44

Post by portsider44 »

Hoarding not really due to $$$. However my thoughts on ammo on hand has changed greatly in the last several months. Plus my shooting has dropped off quite a bit as I fear of depleting what little ammo I have. At this point instead of buying loaded ammo I am working on my reloading supplies.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

I'm shooting 22LR almost exclusively now so I guess you could say I'm hoarding the 9mm I bought last year.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

centex aggie

Post by centex aggie »

anything BHO can do to subdue the 2nd Amendment, whether it be make ammo expensive, rest assured he will do. :fire

Disabled U.S. Army Veteran 94'-98'
NRA Life Member

Greg

forever_frost

Post by forever_frost »

I was hording I guess you can say. I still pick up ammo as I find a good deal, but the gun room is full and the wife is looking at me funny if I head near the ammo isles

poppo

Post by poppo »

I suppose I've done a bit of hoarding. But I had actually started back in 2007 by buying a little more than I was shooting at the range, building up a small supply for a rainy day (nothing to do with Obama). But after I started seeing empy shelves more frequently, I started grabbing up a litle more than normal when I could find it. I then decided on a number that I would have in reserve not to touch except for an emergency, and then picked a number for what I wanted to have readily available for range time for a few months. Luckily I reached those goals before the shortages really hit. I no longer check the shelves since I have enough for a while. I also have a couple of bulk backorders pending that if/when they come in will just be gravy.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

mortdooley

Post by mortdooley »

What is the definition of hoarding? Whatever I have is almost enough so I must not be hoarding. Hoarding may soon become a government buzz word and anyone who doesn't live paycheck to paycheck might be called names to portray them as evil!
Affirmative action never brings out excellence!

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

When I buy ammo these days I buy it in even number of boxes.

One goes into storage. The other goes into the Range can.

When the range can gets to a certain level, I get to go have some fun.
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tfrazier »

Does manufacturing your own count as hoarding?
I just called Lee Precision. No handles for my Lee commercial six-cavity mold yet. They had supply issues with the shop that made their wooden parts and switched. Hence, no handle sets going out until (maybe) April 9. Guess I'll just keep casting ingots until then.

By the way, anyone else ever lifted and carried a five gallon bucket of wheel weights? I'm guessing around 250 to 300 pounds, and can't believe the wire handle didn't break loose. Took me awhile just to get my shoulder sockets put back together!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”