Go Vote!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 6

Go Vote!

Post by Kalrog »

Early voting has started in the local election races. These are your city council and school board elections and they have a much larger impact on your daily lives than the ones that typically happen in November. Get yourself educated in the races in your area and go to the polls and vote. Early voting is really a wonderful thing!

And if you are in the Leander ISD area (Leander, Cedar Park, Jonestown, Four Points, ...), please go out and vote for me. Nathan Deckinga for Leander ISD place 2. Other election guides can be found at various locations, but the League of Women Voters is probably the best non-partisan one out there.

http://www.lwvaustin.org/publications/VGMay2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Kalrog

Re: Go Vote!

Post by Kalrog »

Sorry for the blatant bump... but BUMP! Go vote everyone!

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LarryH »

Early voting is much easier than voting on election day. No long lines (no lines at all for either the League City council or Clear Creek ISD election yesterday).

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr surveyor »

ALL politics start at the local level. If we don't take a stand on how our schools are run, then we stand a chance at losing another generation to mis-information. (I take the school board stuff serious)

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not alone here.

I took my kids to the polls with me. They actually pushed the buttons for me. It was great and they loved it and felt VERY involved. They got the "I Voted" stickers - not me.

On another note, it is nice when the poll workers know your wife...

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tfrazier »

Just remember, Democrat polls are open on Sunday morning between 1 and 2 AM the week after the elections end. Everyone else votes at the regular times.

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Today is the last day of early voting... go do it!

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

It is officially election day around these parts. Go cast your ballot! And if you can vote in Leander ISD, remember Nathan Deckinga for place 2.

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr surveyor »

well...one of my guys won by a landslide, and the other lost by only a 50 vote margin out of about 700 votes. School board just doesn't seem important to many voters, but voter apathy is normal even in major election cycles. In my neighborhood, like most of Texas, "Friday Night Lights" seems to rule. The candidate of the athletic booster club will generally pull the most votes, regardless of other concerns. This was no different. I am, and always have been a staunch supporter of the athletic program for the character building that it provides. It just is not the same as 30-40 years ago though.

My son will be running for school board next year, so we will start the campaign for fiscal responsibility again then.

I hope everyone else gained some intellegent leadership today.

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

mr surveyor wrote:I hope everyone else gained some intellegent leadership today.
Not here. At least not many. The open seat was claimed and by a decent candidate, but I lost in a huge landslide that I can't explain at all. But we keep trying.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”