Gov Perry Endorsed by NRA and TSRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txrr
Posts in topic: 3

Gov Perry Endorsed by NRA and TSRA

Post by txrr »

Gov. Perry has supported and signed numerous pieces of legislation to strengthen Texans’ Second Amendment rights, which include:

• Creating reciprocal or unilateral agreements with 42 other states where Texans can legally carry a concealed weapon.
• Allowing Texans to defend themselves when threatened in their homes instead of retreating, known as the Castle Doctrine (SB 378, 2007)
• Extended the term of a CHL license from four to five years (HB 225, 2005)
• Cut license renewal fees in half for senior citizens (HB 1038, 2005)
• Preventing the confiscation of firearms and ammunition from law-abiding citizens during a future state of emergency or natural disaster (SB 112, 2007)
• Clarifying an individual’s right to carry a handgun in a motor vehicle (HB 1815, 2007)
• Reducing fees by 50 percent and lowering the age from 21 to 18 on a concealed handgun license for veterans and members of the military (HB 322, 2005)
• Ending the prohibitions imposed by many cities and counties that prevented concealed handgun license (CHL) holders from carrying on public property (SB 501, 2003)
• Expanding the way one can pay for a CHL to include check, cash or credit card – previously only a cashier’s check or money order was allowed (HB 1483, 2005)
• Protecting shooting ranges from junk lawsuits (HB 1837, 2001)

"The Second Amendment right to bear arms is one of our most valued rights for Texas gun owners, hunters and concealed handgun licensees across the state; and it is because of Gov. Perry’s commitment that we are in his debt," said Alice Tripp, TSRA PAC Legislative Director. "With our 40,000 members, we could not have a better friend making sure our rights are protected and our state government is steered in the right direction."

Bill White's accomplishments.....member of Mayor's Against Illegal Guns which is headed by Mayor Daily who outlawed all guns in Chicago except for the ones he and his Alderman are allowed to carry.
TSRA & NRA Member

dessl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gov Perry Endorsed by NRA and TSRA

Post by dessl »

Perry has supported our gun rights, but I still don't trust him. I will continue to vote for him as long as scum like Bill White runs against him. I personally think Perry is a washed down Democrat!

terryg

Post by terryg »

dessl wrote:Perry has supported our gun rights, but I still don't trust him. I will continue to vote for him as long as scum like Bill White runs against him. I personally think Perry is a washed down Democrat!
:iagree:

I quote myself from another thread:
terryg wrote:Perry is a snake. I wouldn't trust him to take care of my pet rock if I were out of town. BUT - between the two of them there just doesn't seem to be any real choice. :grumble
... this space intentionally left blank ...

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

Until I see Bill White doing this, I won't even THINK about voting for him :txflag:

P.S. - Yes, Perry should have been wearing his eye protection, apparently there was glare preventing him from seeing through the scope, so he had temporarily taken them off. (Original thread on ARFCOM here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 9&t=186507)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
txrr

Post by txrr »

Check out this article about Gov Perry visiting a Dallas gun shop yesterday. Be sure to read 2nd page of article as well. Nice outline of Bill White's very confusing position of on gun rigths.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairp ... as_gun.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSRA & NRA Member

Munk

Post by Munk »

dessl wrote:Perry has supported our gun rights, but I still don't trust him. I will continue to vote for him as long as scum like Bill White runs against him. I personally think Perry is a washed down Democrat!
:iagree: ...and couldn't agree more.
III%

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Creating reciprocal or unilateral agreements with 42 other states where Texans can legally carry a concealed weapon.
The statement is a little deceiving, I think it means that folks from 42 States with CHLs can carry here in Texas. Not quite the same thing. I count 18 states pluss DC that don't recognize our CHL. Besides I think Dubya had something to do with a few of these agreements.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

45 4 life

Post by 45 4 life »

The first thing I look at when it comes to state government is the candidates few on the 2nd amendment, if they don't pass that test, I stop looking. I will be voting Perry again this year.
I wonder if W is getting bored yet? :txflag: :txflag:
Don't Confuse the Issues With the Facts

JonMcClellan

Post by JonMcClellan »

Lets show the left the true depth of the NRA and TSRA endorsement! Sign up here as a Perry Home Headquarter and pledge to recruit your 2nd amendment friends and family to vote for Governor Perry. http://hq.rickperry.org/join/2d117

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

When I served in the Marine Corp I never once used eye protection for the following weapons, M16, M249, M60, .50BMG, or the SMAW ever, not once. So should have Perry been using eye protection? I guess. Maybe things have changed in the Corp but I went back and looked at my pictures from the range and field to make sure I hadnt had a brain freeze, and there are those wearing sunglasses but plenty of us that are not wearing anything.

Anyway, Perry has done a decent job, White I dont trust with my gun rights and Perry will get my vote.
6th Generation Texan

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

texas1234 wrote:When I served in the Marine Corp I never once used eye protection for the following weapons, M16, M249, M60, .50BMG, or the SMAW ever, not once. So should have Perry been using eye protection? I guess. Maybe things have changed in the Corp but I went back and looked at my pictures from the range and field to make sure I hadnt had a brain freeze, and there are those wearing sunglasses but plenty of us that are not wearing anything.
That doesn't mean it was the smart thing to do. :)

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I think the vaccination that Perry wants all adolescent females to have and be mandatory to prevent HPV is criminal. As I also think the Trans Texas Corridor should be illegal. But given the choice, Perry will have my vote as well.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

gemini

Post by gemini »

3dfxMM wrote:
texas1234 wrote:When I served in the Marine Corp I never once used eye protection for the following weapons, M16, M249, M60, .50BMG, or the SMAW ever, not once. So should have Perry been using eye protection? I guess. Maybe things have changed in the Corp but I went back and looked at my pictures from the range and field to make sure I hadnt had a brain freeze, and there are those wearing sunglasses but plenty of us that are not wearing anything.
That doesn't mean it was the smart thing to do. :)
With our sue happy society, most RSO's will insist on hearing and eye protection while on or near the range.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Do I agree with everything Perry has done?

No.

Didn't like everything W did either. Didn't like things W didn't do too.

Perry would have to do a whole bunch worse for me to dislike him and vote for someone else.

I wouldn't let White fetch me a cool drink of water.

No politician will ever do everthing I want them to do as goobernor until I get elected to that office.

Besides, it isn't the goobernor of Texas you must fear, it is the ones who gather every other year in San Francisco, TX and those full-time fedtards in DC.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

Who gathers every other year in San Francisco?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”