Obama will soon address gun-control - Chris Matthews, MSNBC

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

thankGod
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama will soon address gun-control - Chris Matthews, MS

Post by thankGod »

I heard about this last night after the 'State of the Union' address.

I didn't research this, but I believe this is the President's 1st public address on gun control. I believe he has stayed away from the subject (for the most part) until now.

Perhaps he has become a Patron Member of the NRA, and is to announce that. Perhaps not! :leaving
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

USA1

Post by USA1 »

thankGod wrote:
Perhaps he has become a Patron Member of the NRA, and is to announce that. Perhaps not! :leaving
:smilelol5:

Why not?...He's already won the "Gun Salesman of all time" award.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

I was thinking of selling one of my AR-15's, but I will probably wait to after our Dear Leader's speech. With any luck, he will say something dumb to pander to his liberal base, and the price of "assault rifles" will spike again.

GrayGhost

Post by GrayGhost »

Katygunnut wrote:I was thinking of selling one of my AR-15's, but I will probably wait to after our Dear Leader's speech. With any luck, he will say something dumb to pander to his liberal base, and the price of "assault rifles" will spike again.
I would guess if he gets his way, the price will spike but you will only be able to sell on the black market. :banghead:

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

GrayGhost wrote:
Katygunnut wrote:I was thinking of selling one of my AR-15's, but I will probably wait to after our Dear Leader's speech. With any luck, he will say something dumb to pander to his liberal base, and the price of "assault rifles" will spike again.
I would guess if he gets his way, the price will spike but you will only be able to sell on the black market. :banghead:
Yes, but even if there is no grandfathering, I could still it before the law is actually passed and signed by the Chosen One.

Then again, I may want to be buying in that situation, not selling.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

When they try to ban them, it's time to use them. :patriot:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Unless I'm missing something he can't do jack without help from the republicans in the house. If that happens we are all up a creek.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

PATHFINDER

Post by PATHFINDER »

Obama's primary concern in 2011 is that "illusive" original long-form birth certificate, if he plans on having his name on all 50 state ballots in 2012. I have a hunch the court house in Mombasa, Kenya would be a good starting point for tracking down that dang thing.

I have this peculiar perspective that the 2A is like a "boil" on the back of Boxer, Schumer, et al. The more they pick at it the BIGGER it's going to become. One of these days the 2A will once again fully manifest itself despite such attempts to "conceal" it with laws and regulations.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Obama is planning to do something, but what is unknown. He thinks the outrage over the Arizona shooting will allow him to move on gun control as he has wanted to do since being elected. However, he may not try to pass legislation; he may focus on regulation and executive orders. Regardless, we must be ready to respond in mass to prove that majority opinion still doesn't want more gun laws. Remember, it was only a few weeks ago that recent polls were released showing overwhelming public opposition to more gun laws.

Chas.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Obama is planning to do something, but what is unknown. He thinks the outrage over the Arizona shooting will allow him to move on gun control as he has wanted to do since being elected. However, he may not try to pass legislation; he may focus on regulation and executive orders. Regardless, we must be ready to respond in mass to prove that majority opinion still doesn't want more gun laws. Remember, it was only a few weeks ago that recent polls were released showing overwhelming public opposition to more gun laws.

Chas.
Absolutely!

Now is the time to remind our elected representatives that we expect them to stay the 2A RKBA course. It's gonna' get ugly.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”