NRA behind "government sponsored racism"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

NRA behind "government sponsored racism"

Post by chasfm11 »

WLSAM.com's Adam Zielinski Reports
Posted 6/24/11 7:36 a.m.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2221691&spid=
Chicago's top cop Gary McCarthy "connects the dots" between Sarah Palin's caribou hunting in Alaska and the murder of two children in Newark, NJ. According to him, the NRA won't like it but gun control will fix everything.
Last edited by chasfm11 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA behind "government sponsored racisim"

Post by OldCannon »

Which is really an amazing trick of inverting history, since Gun Control laws have racist roots: http://reason.com/archives/2005/02/15/t ... vorite-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then again, I'm guessing that his audience is rather disinclined to read something from a website called "Reason" :banghead:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

I wonder if Chicago's top cop carries a gun and when/if he will give it up?
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

lkd wrote:Which is really an amazing trick of inverting history, since Gun Control laws have racist roots: http://reason.com/archives/2005/02/15/t ... vorite-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then again, I'm guessing that his audience is rather disinclined to read something from a website called "Reason" :banghead:
:iagree:

Now I have to go dig up the link to a great article written about Texas gun laws and their purpose in disarming freedmen. :grumble

Just kidding, I enjoy looking stuff like this up. :cheers2:
TANSTAAFL

Dave2

Re: NRA behind "government sponsored racism"

Post by Dave2 »

Me was about to watch the video when I realized that merely reeding the kwotes in the artical had made I more stupider.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy.”

Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, you are crazy. Your rambling made absolutely no sense.

Chicago now has an idiot for Police Superintendant. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

If he carries a gun he should only be allowed one bullet which he should have to carry in his shirt pocket.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

I was listening to cuts from this moron's speech the other night on Cam & Co. on XM. He was talking about walking through a crime scene and having shell casings stuck to his shoes. Now, I'm not a cop, nor have I ever played one on TV, but with many years experience as a photojournalist covering many a crime scene, my understanding is shell casings are extremely fragile evidence, and displacing them can destroy valuable information as to number and types of weapons used. Looks to me like this clown is not only an idiot, but a lousy cop as well.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The real irony of his remarks is that they were made in the city that was the defendant in McDonald v. Chicago, a case that the city lost, in which Justice Clarence Thomas wrote at length about the history of gun control and how it was used to facilitate the slaughter of blacks in America.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

baldeagle wrote:The real irony of his remarks is that they were made in the city that was the defendant in McDonald v. Chicago, a case that the city lost, in which Justice Clarence Thomas wrote at length about the history of gun control and how it was used to facilitate the slaughter of blacks in America.
Facts are stubborn things, but too many people see that as a challenge.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”