Afghans: Quran-burning soldiers to face trial

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Afghans: Quran-burning soldiers to face trial

Post by Beiruty »

hangfour wrote:I think there is more here than meets the eye. Why would a group of people "go crazy" over the burning (or marking up) of a book when the book itself does not suggest that such acts are disrespectful. There is nothing in the Quran that mentions burning it or writing in it is a bad thing. The muslims who kill others over the mere destruction of a book are themselves disrespectful of Islam whose practice is made perfectly clear in the Quran. Killing others is carefully prescribed in the Quran and it definitely does not include killing over burning the Quran.

Here's one verse from the Quran that talks about how serious killing is:

(5:32) Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing.

I am so dismayed that those who call themselves muslims would kill another over the burning of a book. Shame on them. Some day they will face God with their terrible acts.

To answer your astonishment about "the killings", just read the last part of the verse you quoted: God Said in the Holy Bokk of Al-Quran: "Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing." Doesn't this apply on those extremists who are killing instead of forgiving?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

hangfour
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hangfour »

We, the United States, are invaders of their land - pure and simple. The Viet Namese didn't care much for the idea either.
Well said ... it's not about the burning of the Qurans.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

hangfour wrote:
We, the United States, are invaders of their land - pure and simple. The Viet Namese didn't care much for the idea either.
Well said ... it's not about the burning of the Qurans.
:iagree:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Kythas wrote:The actual Arabic word for a non-believer of Islam is kafir, which simply means "unbeliever" or "disbeliever" (and is also a pejorative). The word islam itself is Arabic for "truth", being that Islam is the one and only true religion.
The world kafir has become such a pejorative as to take on racist overtones. In South Africa, it was/is a term used exactly the same way Americans used to use "the 'N' word" (before we started calling it "the 'N' word"). I have known a couple of white South Africans who repeatedly used the term kafir to describe black Africans in conversation with me, and then tried to pass it off as meaning "doltish" or "moronic" or something like that. But I also noticed that they never used the word kafir to describe their stupid selves or any other equally stupid white persons.

That part in red is a pretty bold statement. I'll respectfully disagree with you that "Islam is the one and only true religion" while defending your right to believe and to practice that deception to the bitter end. If that is your faith, then I would hope that you, as an American Muslim, would defend my right to believe and to practice my Christian faith to the bitter end.............without imposed dhimmitude under Sharia law, and exactly as protected under the Constitution of the United States, which also protects your rights.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Kythas wrote:The actual Arabic word for a non-believer of Islam is kafir, which simply means "unbeliever" or "disbeliever" (and is also a pejorative). The word islam itself is Arabic for "truth", being that Islam is the one and only true religion.
That part in red is a pretty bold statement. I'll respectfully disagree with you that "Islam is the one and only true religion" while defending your right to believe and to practice that deception to the bitter end. If that is your faith, then I would hope that you, as an American Muslim, would defend my right to believe and to practice my Christian faith to the bitter end.............without imposed dhimmitude under Sharia law, and exactly as protected under the Constitution of the United States, which also protects your rights.
TAM, I am most definitely NOT a muslim; I am a Christian man. I merely pointed out that they use the word "truth" as the name for their religion; in their view, they believe it is the one and only true religion and needs no separate word to describe it. I was merely stating their point of view.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Kythas wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
TAM, I am most definitely NOT a muslim; I am a Christian man. I merely pointed out that they use the word "truth" as the name for their religion; in their view, they believe it is the one and only true religion and needs no separate word to describe it. I was merely stating their point of view.
Ah, OK.....sorry I misunderstood. I sounded like you were speaking from the first person. My apologies.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Ah, OK.....sorry I misunderstood. I sounded like you were speaking from the first person. My apologies.
No worries. I can easily see how my post could have been misconstrued. I definitely could have worded it better.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

Guys, have we drifted:

Off-Topic
...Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Mind you, if I am mistaken then I apologize in advance.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

sugar land dave wrote:Guys, have we drifted:

Off-Topic
...Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Mind you, if I am mistaken then I apologize in advance.
No, it was always about religion - theirs.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

IBTL "rlol"
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The world kafir has become such a pejorative as to take on racist overtones. In South Africa, it was/is a term used exactly the same way Americans used to use "the 'N' word" (before we started calling it "the 'N' word"). I have known a couple of white South Africans who repeatedly used the term kafir to describe black Africans in conversation with me,
Muslims in Africa, especially North Africa, long ago used the word to correctly describe people from African tribes who worshiped pagan gods. The European immigrants to Africa borrowed the word, probably not realizing it referred to the religion and not the skin color of those African tribes.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I would not be surprised to see Odumbell do a news conference and apologize for "our soldiers actions".

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I would not be surprised to see Odumbell do a news conference and apologize for "our soldiers actions".
I thought he already had done that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

C-dub wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I would not be surprised to see Odumbell do a news conference and apologize for "our soldiers actions".
It seems insincere without seppuku or if he lacks the honor to do that, at least resigning in discrace. If the offense was not serious enough for one of those, a President, Prime Minister, or other chief executive should not apologize in their official capacity.

They can still apologize as an individual for things they personally did. For example if they bump into you and spill your coffee.
Last edited by Lambda Force on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lambda Force wrote:
C-dub wrote:
It seems insincere without seppuku or at least resigning the office in discrace.
:iagree:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”