CA Senator wants to "close the bullet button loophole"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 4

CA Senator wants to "close the bullet button loophole"

Post by OldCannon »

I feel very, very sad for California today. CA Senator wants to ban the "bullet button" on AR-15s....

“There is absolutely no reason why these military style weapons need to have such easily changeable magazines,” said Yee. “While most gun owners are law abiding, I am deeply concerned with these assault weapons getting into the wrong hands, resulting in mass casualties of civilians or law enforcement officers.”

Magazines, or the storage areas that allow for repeat firing, that can be removed by a normal push button in combination with features such as a pistol grip and telescoping stock are banned in California. The law essentially requires magazines to be fixed, or removed or replaced with the use of a tool, in order to slow down the process of reloading.

To get around the law, gun makers have created a new mechanism, or “tool,” that allows the magazine to be easily removed by the tip of a bullet or in some cases by just putting a small magnet over the “bullet button,” basically recreating a normal push button and allowing magazines to be changed within seconds.

“These conversions are circumventing the spirit of California’s assault weapon statute,” said Yee. “Absent this bill, California’s assault weapon ban is significantly weakened. For the safety of the general public, we must close this loophole.”

http://sd08.senate.ca.gov/news/2012-05- ... weapon-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've long given hope that California will collectively come to their senses. I fully imagine that mainland China's first military foothold will be gained in San Francisco, where complacent liberals will welcome them with open arms.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA Senator wants to "close the bullet button loophole"

Post by SATX-Scrub »

And my mom (a resident of Palm Springs) wonders why I loathe visiting her.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

They get the government they deserve. The state will never change until it collapses.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I'll see your accusation that manufacturer's are circumventing the spirit of CA's law and raise you that CA's law is circumventing the spirit of the Second Amendment.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

I know I shouldn't pray for massive, continental-shifting earthquakes, but maybe just this once...

AEA

Post by AEA »

The Annoyed Man wrote:They get the government they deserve. The state will never change until it collapses.
The big problem is that a lot of them are moving here! :shock: :shock:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

AEA wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:They get the government they deserve. The state will never change until it collapses.
You're safe. They're all congregating in Austin, so there's no political demographic shift :lol:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

OldCannon wrote:
AEA wrote:
You're safe. They're all congregating in Austin, so there's no political demographic shift :lol:
Yeah, but Austin's the capital. It's where they all meet and think up stuff.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

C-dub wrote:
OldCannon wrote: You're safe. They're all congregating in Austin, so there's no political demographic shift :lol:
Yeah, but Austin's the capital. It's where they all meet and think up stuff.
You clearly haven't watched the Texas legislature in session "rlol"

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I emailed that guy...told him that I used to be stationed in California and as soon as I got out of the service, I moved out of state because the laws there get dumber and dumber. Not that he cares in the least since I'm not in that state, but its not about my one email. Its about each and every dumb law that sends just a few more skilled workers out of his state. Doubt that will cross his political mind, though.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

:iagree:

You know you'll get ZERO argument from me on that one...such a beautiful place...ruined by political idiocy.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Heartland Patriot wrote:

You know you'll get ZERO argument from me on that one...such a beautiful place...ruined by political idiocy.
The reason I came to Texas when I did was because the business climate for small printers in California was oppressive. Ask me some day about what California calls a "use tax."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Ask them how well their laws worked for them in preventing the LA bank robbery.

I have family there too. Ive only been there twice since she moved out there.....10yrs ago.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:

The reason I came to Texas when I did was because the business climate for small printers in California was oppressive. Ask me some day about what California calls a "use tax."
Hey TAM, do you know anything about what California calls a "use tax"?

:biggrinjester:

(I really do wanna know, though.)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Dave2 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:

Hey TAM, do you know anything about what California calls a "use tax"?

:biggrinjester:

(I really do wanna know, though.)
Is it anything like the Texas franchise tax?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”